Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #5 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
BTW, I find it funny how highly regarded Hajek and Howden are now after all the devastation over the trade.
They were always good prospects, Hajek has certainly been making strides and Howden continued to produce. I think it is more a lot of people wanted an S tier prospect, rather than two B+/A- prospects (whether that was realistic or not)

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The crazy thing for me this round is that Howden wasn't even a difficult choice.

He's always been viewed as a better prospect than Hajek, and he has performed at every level with a game that should be very easily translated.

When we traded for them both, Hajek got considerably more lip service from management; and he is a damn good prospect, but I feel like we're all sleeping on Howden and have somehow compartmentalized him as an add-on in a trade where he was the primary piece.
Howden is next up for me. I think Hajek raised his stock more this season than Howden did, so it came down to that. This next group is very close together in my opinion though

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Howden is next up for me. I think Hajek raised his stock more this season than Howden did, so it came down to that. This next group is very close together in my opinion though

Yeah, definitely fair.

I certainly haven't got Howden in an entirely different tier; I think I was just a little surprised at how one-sided the voting was.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
BTW, I find it funny how highly regarded Hajek and Howden are now after all the devastation over the trade.

Because people didn't know them. After they had their freak out they did their research and realized how good these guys can be.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm kind of shocked how many votes Pionk is getting in this round. Yeah hes likely going to be in the NHL next year and possibly in a top 4 role, but it's more to do with organizational depth at the NHL level on D then his potential. Hes older and a bit more of a finished product after spending his years in the NCAA.

He's the guy everyone has been able to watch. It's not surprising. Also, stats in the NHL weigh more than any other league. I think he should be in the 8-10 range personally, but NHL readiness is something to judge prospects on and he is NHL ready.

If I had a guess, he gets picked 7th, after Howden pretty much owns next round.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm surprised at the certainty of posters claiming Hajek and Rykov are definitely much better prospects than Pionk at this point. Pionk's floor is almost cemented as a legitimate NHLer and his upside should not be much worse given how young he still is, his performance in college and progression last year 3/4 in the AHL and 1/4 in the NHL under very difficult circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad