Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #28 Prospect

#28 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)
13. Ty Ronning (F) (2016 Draft - 7th round) (28%)
14. Vinni Lettieri (F) (Undrafted) (28%)
15. Sean Day (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
16. Ville Meskanen (F) (Undrafted) (32%)
17. Jacob Ragnarsson (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
18. Morgan Barron (F) (2017 Draft - 6th round) (31%)
19. Patrik Virta (F) (2017 Draft - 7th round) (34%)
20. Michael Lindqvist (F) (Undrafted) (30%)
21. Lauri Pajuniemi (F) (2018 Draft - 5th round) (23%)
22. Cristoval "Boo" Nieves (F) (2012 Draft - 2nd round) (31%)
23. Olof Lindbom (G) (2018 Draft - 2nd Round) (37%)
24. Joey Keane (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd Round) (38%)
25. Adam Huska (G) (2015 Draft - 7th Round) (39%)
26. John Gilmour (D) (2013 Draft - 7th Round) (32%)
27. Tim Gettinger (F) (2016 Draft - 5th round) (39%)

cut.jpg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

----------------------------------------------​
Added: Gropp

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be added:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The possession stats folks really knocked Gross off the board before he even got started here.

Bigras, add Hughes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
O'Gara, add Wall. Wall was so bad last season after being generally very good the season prior that I almost have to think something was wrong with him physically.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Went with Fontaine as a potential fourth line player.

He reminds me a lot of Blair Betts. I find it easier to envision him as a long-term fourth liner more than Nieves.

Ironically enough, if I was able to morph them both into one player, it'd make for a very good bottom six forward prospect.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Curious about Kjellberg. I have not found one single positive thing written about him other than "he has good size."

Same; a whole lot of negativity surrounding that pick.

I think it was Tobbe that said one of his scout friends called him a "non-prospect". That's harsh criticism for a kid that just got drafted.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Same; a whole lot of negativity surrounding that pick.

I think it was Tobbe that said one of his scout friends called him a "non-prospect". That's harsh criticism for a kid that just got drafted.
Yes, it was. And then there was the fact that he wasn't ranked by any of the scouting services or McKenzie and those guys. He was just a completely out-of-the-blue pick. One random dude stopped by to say he had seen him a few dozen times and was surprised he was drafted as well.

We don't even know where the guy is playing next year--USHL or somewhere in Sweden. No club has him on a roster.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Curious about Kjellberg. I have not found one single positive thing written about him other than "he has good size."

The only things I've heard are that he has good size and skates well. Has an NHL pedigree.

In my opinion, the add here was between him, Hughes, and Wall. My thought process was - if Wall was draft eligible today would we pick him in the 6th round over Kjellberg? Probably not. And what about Hughes? Well, we could have, and we didn't.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only things I've heard are that he has good size and skates well. Has an NHL pedigree.

In my opinion, the add here was between him, Hughes, and Wall. My thought process was - if Wall was draft eligible today would we pick him in the 6th round over Kjellberg? Probably not. And what about Hughes? Well, we could have, and we didn't.

Oh, really? The only thing that I had read about his skating was "sub-par" and "so ugly." It was from a post that I'll quote below. I actually have not seen a scouting report from any legitimate media outlet or even a legitimate blogger, so I don't know. Everything else just looks at his size and basically says, "He's tall, his dad played hockey and works for the Rangers, and otherwise he seems to suck." I literally cannot find a true scouting report on him. He also went from 75 in the midterm CSS rankings to unranked--dropping 50+ spots, which generally is not good.

Also FWIW I'm not giving you shit here--I was honestly curious about you adding Kjellberg because he has basically been a punchline since we drafted him. Hopefully he's not as bad as he appears.

I've seen him play probably 20-30 times over the last two years. Surprised he got drafted. He's a decent defender, pretty smart positionally and has a good first pass. But that's about it. Super long-shot of a pick. If his skating wasn't so ugly I could see some potential in him since he has solid hockey IQ but with no real offensive ability, subpar skating combined with the fact that he is very soft and doesn't use his size at all I don't really get it.

I had some hopes for him after the 16/17 season where he looked solid as a 'rookie' in J20 SuperElit, but he just didn't progress at all from last year to this year, at least not in the first half of the season. I didn't see him down the stretch. I guess if he figures out his skating there is a slim chance he could be a bottom-pair D in the NHL.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Oh, really? The only thing that I had read about his skating was "sub-par" and "so ugly."

To be fair - the only person I've heard say that he skates well is Kjellberg himself :laugh: He was asked to describe his game, and one of the first thing he says is "skates well". Seems odd that he'd describe it as one of his strengths if it wasn't?

Reactions: nyr2k2

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Fontaine, add Kjellberg
Kjellberg is a terrible prospect. Isn’t his father a scout/associated with the Rangers or another team? Can’t remember but this was a bad pick then and will be. I’d be surprised if he ended up as a 7D. To put it into perspective, I knew 300+ names for this draft. I have never heard of Simon Kjellberg and neither has anyone else. When I finally did find someone who knew stuff about him, the report was ugly. I found some video on him and it’s not pretty either. So many better options on board

Fontaine here though. Add Hughes

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Fontaine - and it’s not close.Within a year, there will be a “I can’t believe Lettieri was ranked so much higher than Fontaine” post.

For all intents and purposes. ‘Prospect’ list is now over at 28.

Add Kjellberg. Just kidding. No one is adding Kjellberg, not even dad.

Add Crawley.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Can’t believe O’Gara is still young/inexperienced enough to be on this list. Even more surprised he isn’t higher considering he has nhl experience and showed promise. Anyhow, add Lakatos.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Fontaine, add Wall.

Starting to hit the dregs as far as who to add. Nanne is an interesting kid. He hadn't played in 3 years due to myocarditis and transferring to U of Minnesota. Didn't put up terrible numbers for someone who sat idle that long (4G-6A-37GP). Doesn't seem to have raised too many eyebrows at development camp, but it seems like he's physically pretty developed at 5'10" and 192 lbs. Maybe he takes a leap forward this season.

Bernhardt is a non-prospect at this point.
Crawley was an overager when we took him. He had a disappointing season with the pack.
Fogarty has stagnated.
Halverson has been pretty bad at all levels of pro hockey.
Hughes is a complete unknown, coming out of prep school. I guess that's better than most on this list.
Kjellberg's numbers have been mediocre at every single level of hockey he's played.
Lakatos was an overage pick and has seemed to stagnate. Purported attitude problems.
Leedahl is already 22 and an ECHL/AHL tweener.
Nell doesn't appear to be a legitimate goaltending prospect.
Pedrie is another non-prospect.
Reunanen I had hope for prior to last season, but he seemed unable to earn ice time and was a healthy scratch in Liiga most of the time.
Wall struggled last season, and wasn't really given a chance to work through his funk, but he at least showed something the prior season.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->