Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #23 Prospect

#23 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)
13. Ty Ronning (F) (2016 Draft - 7th round) (28%)
14. Vinni Lettieri (F) (Undrafted) (28%)
15. Sean Day (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
16. Ville Meskanen (F) (Undrafted) (32%)
17. Jacob Ragnarsson (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
18. Morgan Barron (F) (2017 Draft - 6th round) (31%)
19. Patrik Virta (F) (2017 Draft - 7th round) (34%)
20. Michael Lindqvist (F) (Undrafted) (30%)
21. Lauri Pajuniemi (F) (2018 Draft - 5th round) (23%)
22. Cristoval "Boo" Nieves (F) (2012 Draft - 2nd round) (31%)

rangers25s-web.jpg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

----------------------------------------------​

Added: Bigras

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be added:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Gilmour, John D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Gross, Nico D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Lindbom again. Add Hughes.

EDIT: Change to add Gilmour. Didn't see him on there. I think he's every bit as good a prospect (though I'm not too high on either as anything more than bottom pairing defensemen) as Pionk.

Last edited:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
i may be way off here, but i think the group may be way underestimating Timmy Getts here

the kid has done exactly what you want from a draftee, each year increasing his production and contribution and clutch-ness

with his size and improvement, here's hoping the coaches can develop him into a 20-goal 2-way winger (not this year, but during his ELC)

and at 6'6" 220#, if he can play at NHL level, he'll look good along side Hayes, Kreider or Kravstov,
or playing the slot on the PP

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IDK what we're doing with Lindbom going above Huska. Since we drafted him, Huska was USHL goaltender of the year, won the starting job against two older players and then had a really good Freshman season at UConn (who sucked that year), and then as a Sophomore basically replicated his success save for a couple injuries that hurt the overall line. He also had two WJC's with shitty numbers, but all of us that watched know he was Slovakia's best player and at times helped keep them in games they had no business competing in. He's really developing nicely. If he's fully healthy, which I understand he is, he should have a terrific year.

Lindbom, on the other hand, I know the team likes him enough to spend a second round pick on him, but is there any track record? He has played well in a couple international tournaments, which is definitely encouraging, but that's really all I can say for him at this point (17, I know he's young). At this point, I'd think the odds of him ever even making it here are less than 50/50, and if he does, it's going to be a long time from now.

Do people see some sort of "star" potential in Lindbom? I definitely think Huska has starter potential, and he's probably only 3 or so years away from being ready. I literally have no idea what Lindbom's potential is, and if he comes, when will that be--six years from now? If it's a matter of draft position, I have just as much faith in a UDFA signing as a guy picked in round two.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Guys, this was widely mentioned at draft, Gross is going home to Switzerland

Good news he will playing against Men,
[i guess the 4th, 5th or 6th best league, depending on how you rank Liiga(Fin), Swiss, AHL ...]

https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...4-will-defenseman-nico-gross-return-to-ev-zug
https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...s-and-gillian-kohler-to-stay-in-north-america

That link is from the same site but from 2 months after the article you posted. Also, the one first posted is titled, "Will defenseman Nico Gross return to EV Zug?" and simply states that it is a possibility Gross returns.

At this point I'm led to believe he'll stay in the CHL. But, it appears nothing is set in stone yet.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Personally, I would add Sjalin ahead of Gross. They're only 4 months apart, so there's not a huge age difference. Sjalin just spent most of the season in the Allsvenskan, which seems to be similar to the Swiss League in terms of difficulty, and posted good possession numbers. By comparison, Gross reportedly held his own in the Swiss League a year ago, and then had a disastrous OHL season this year:

Obviously, there were some unusual circumstances around Gross's OHL struggles (adjusting to a new country + mono) and there are reports Gross improved over the course of the year, so I would hope that Gross's solid season in the Swiss League is more indicative of his ability than the bad OHL year. That said, I'm not sure it makes sense to rank Gross ahead of Sjalin, who seems to have similar pro league accomplishments to Gross without any of the questions about a poor OHL season. At the end of the day, it seems to me like their upside is similar, but Sjalin is a far cleaner prospect.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Goalie prospects to me (ceiling):

1. Sheshyorkin (Potential top 10 goalie)
  2. Georgiev (Potential starting goalie)
  3. Huska (Potential journeyman starting goalie)
  4. Lindbom (Too soon to tell)
  5. Wall (Backup goalie/AHL starter)
They rest dont really matter at this point.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->