Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #19 Prospect

#19 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
And by that same logic I value pro experience before the age of 20 over what players have done in junior hockey. It's not a right or wrong way to approach prospects. It's just personal opinion. I rank Pajuniemi and Virta higher than Barron, Ronning. But that's so great about these polls. Differing opinions.

That's okay but if we're looking at Canadian kids playing in the CHL--that's what they have--that's pretty much the highest level they can attain at this point in time. They might not be playing at the same level as some European kids are but the standards set by the leagues/systems are different and players like Kravtsov, Chytil and Andersson can reach higher in their own countries programs--which is a good reason for Eurpoean players to stay where they are until they sign NHL contracts. Svechnikov posting big numbers in Barrie-OHL--that's an offset for Kravtsov posting much smaller numbers in the KHL. Both of them should become at least very good players. To me all of Pajuniemi, Virta, Barron and Ronning are good prospects--at the same time they are long shots. I would rank Ronning the highest though because he's the one with an actual Rangers contract. He's also a player that the Rangers named captain at the last Traverse City tournament and a guy who has played in Hartford the last two seasons. They clearly like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad