Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #18 Prospect

#18 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)
13. Ty Ronning (F) (2016 Draft - 7th round) (28%)
14. Vinni Lettieri (F) (Undrafted) (28%)
15. Sean Day (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)
16. Ville Meskanen (F) (Undrafted) (32%)
17. Jacob Ragnarsson (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)

jacob_ragnarsson_almtuna_is.jpg

[yt]
(nice offsides goal haha)

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*
----------------------------------------------​

Added: Gettinger

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be added:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Bigras, Chris D/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Fontaine, Gabriel C/L
Gilmour, John D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Gross, Nico D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Huska, Adam G/L
Keane, Joey D/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pajuniemi, Lauri RW/R
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Barron. Add Keane.

I tell ya what, everyone, I'd be comfortable voting until 30. I mean, we have guys like Fontaine (who is a legitimate candidate to make the NHL squad next year), Keane (who many people had as the best overager in the draft), Gross (a post-hype guy coming off a down draft year), and Pajuniemi/Hughes (intriguing late round picks from this last draft) who haven't even made the list yet.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Virta again. Very good underlying numbers and is now taking the jump to the KHL, the clear cut 2nd best league in the world. If he excels in that league this season, he should rocket up the prospect ranks by the winter.

Add Sjalin. Similar to Chytil in being one of the youngest players in the '17 draft. Made Sweden' WJC team and got some games in (remember that Sweden is a defense factory). Another guy who is playing against men, in Sweden's second league, as an 18 year old, and was good enough to play in their qualification games for the SHL.

If he can perform at a high level this season, he is another player that I can see rising in our rankings come winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: pblawr and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Timmy Getts
add Huska, then Wall
IDK what to make of Wall. He was drafted out of the GOJHL, which is Junior B--that is, third level of the Junior Hockey pyramid in Canada. So, while a decent amount of good NHL players have come out of there, it's not exactly the big time. Then he goes to UML and plays behind an awesome team, playing pretty damn well himself, winning the job as a Freshman (UML tied Quinn's BU team on points that year). Then he comes in as the presumptive starter last season and is f***ing bad. No explanation known. Just terrible. So, it's tough, since we only have two seasons on which to evaluate him. I wouldn't write him off yet, not just from one bad season, but he needs to win back that starting job. By any measure I wouldn't put him next to Huska, though.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Gents - it’s Lindbom - and it’s been Lindbom since spot #13.

Don’t care that Lettieri has had a cup of coffee. Day, Meskanen, Ragnarsson, etc cannot slot in ahead of a prospect we were compelled to take in Rd2. Debut spot has to be high in relation to the upside the organization sees.

Barron should be off the board as well, but one victory at a time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gents - it’s Lindbom - and it’s been Lindbom since spot #13.

Don’t care that Lettieri has had a cup of coffee. Day, Meskanen, Ragnarsson, etc cannot slot in ahead of a prospect we were compelled to take in Rd2. Debut spot has to be high in relation to the upside the organization sees.

Barron should be off the board as well, but one victory at a time.
I disagree with the valuation the organization places on draft picks all the time. I remember many years ago voting Carl Hagelin way higher than the consensus. It is what it is. If we tie our votes so closely to where guys were drafted, why even bother?

Simon Kjellberg. He seems like a shit prospect. I don't care if we drafted him in the sixth, I'd vote for most of the rest of the guys ahead of him. Looks and sounds like a nepotism pick. Sometimes the organization gets it wrong.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I disagree with the valuation the organization places on draft picks all the time. I remember many years ago voting Carl Hagelin way higher than the consensus. It is what it is. If we tie our votes so closely to where guys were drafted, why even bother?

Simon Kjellberg. He seems like a **** prospect. I don't care if we drafted him in the sixth, I'd vote for most of the rest of the guys ahead of him. Looks and sounds like a nepotism pick. Sometimes the organization gets it wrong.

I actually agree with you - but I do take the draft slot into account in the equation. in this case, I don't know of any convincing leap Day had in 17-18 that would 'revalue' him above his Round 3 slot. Lettieri hasn't shown anything outside of a very nice September camp. I have to rank an unknown 18-year-old goalie higher off the bat.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I actually agree with you - but I do take the draft slot into account in the equation. in this case, I don't know of any convincing leap Day had in 17-18 that would 'revalue' him above his Round 3 slot. Lettieri hasn't shown anything outside of a very nice September camp. I have to rank an unknown 18-year-old goalie higher off the bat.
Draft slot is certainly one way to go. I'm not going to pretend it should be ignored. But, you could also look at Lindbom and say McKeen's had him 91, or Hockey Prospectus 137, or Future Considerations 259, or ISS 5th among Euro goaltenders (I believe he was the first goalie taken in the entire draft). Or, you can say we took him at 39 and McKenzie had him 53. So, plenty of ways to judge it beyond where we took him.

Even if he was the best goalie available I still wouldn't have taken him until the fourth, maybe the third.

EDIT: Not even saying he's a bad prospect. I just think Huska is more accomplished and less of an unknown. If we get Huska on this list I'll vote for him ahead of Lindbom.

Last edited:
Reactions: pblawr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad