Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #16 Prospect

#16 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
IDK. The list we have right now takes us to 21. Say we add Huska and it's 22. I think there are a lot more than 3 guys that deserve Honorable Mention status as they're still real prospects. And then "Rangers Property" would also include real prospects when it normally just has a bunch of ECHL guys that are irrelevant. I think you need to go to 25.

Was going to propose the same - 25 ranked and 5 HMs.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes, he played all year, save one game, in Allsvenskan. I think some here still don't fully understand promotion/relegation and the different tiers to hockey in most of Europe. Allsvenskan isn't a minor league or anything like that, it's the second-tier and teams there compete to move up into the SHL (and SHL teams can drop to Allsvenskan).

And more important. Players don't get to decide to go to the SHL. It isn't a call-up or send down scenario. If you as a player are brought up through the academy of, for instance, AIK, and that team is relegated by finishing bottom of the table, you play in the Allsvenskan the next season when you finally make it to the pros. There also isn't a trade system. It's a transfer system the same way as football.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like we've had more participation in this go-round than we have for a really long time. There were times in the past where we'd get to 20 and like 15 people were voting. We're at 16 and almost 80 people have voted. I think we can sustain interest for 9 more guys.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Seems like we've had more participation in this go-round than we have for a really long time. There were times in the past where we'd get to 20 and like 15 people were voting. We're at 16 and almost 80 people have voted. I think we can sustain interest for 9 more guys.

Very surprised with number of participants this time around.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Hmmm, would've thought that Day's votes from last round would go to Barron instead of one of Scandinavians (learned that Finland is not considered a part of that region but I still refuse to acknowledge it).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hmmm, would've thought that Day's votes from last round would go to Barron instead of one of Scandinavians (learned that Finland is not considered a part of that region but I still refuse to acknowledge it).

I think Amazing Kreiderman is just telling us porkies.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Indeed. Fully plan on going to 25 and then having a single round for 5 HMs like a few of you suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->