Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #16 Prospect

#16 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)
13. Ty Ronning (F) (2016 Draft - 7th round) (28%)
14. Vinni Lettieri (F) (Undrafted) (28%)
15. Sean Day (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (27%)

cut.jpg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*
----------------------------------------------​
Added: Lindqvist

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be add:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Bigras, Chris D/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Fontaine, Gabriel C/L
Gettinger, Tim LW/L
Gilmour, John D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Gross, Nico D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Huska, Adam G/L
Keane, Joey D/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
Nieves, Boo C/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pajuniemi, Lauri RW/R
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Will be interesting to see how it shakes out with Meskanen. IMO he either makes the team, or he's preparing for a season somewhere in Europe or the KHL in a year. I could be wrong, I just doubt he came here to play on ELC money in Hartford instead of being a potential star across the pond.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's also neat that we're going to get into the 20's here and still have guys that are legitimate NHL prospects. And even then we don't yet have on the list a guy like Nieves who has played in the NHL and probably will continue to in some capacity, or an O'Gara, Gilmour, etc. In the past there were times we cut this off at 25, then did Honorable Mentions, then "Rangers Property." This list will definitely go to 30, and still have intriguing names, rather than Josh Nicholls or Adam Chapie or whatever.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's also neat that we're going to get into the 20's here and still have guys that are legitimate NHL prospects. And even then we don't yet have on the list a guy like Nieves who has played in the NHL and probably will continue to in some capacity, or an O'Gara, Gilmour, etc. In the past there were times we cut this off at 25, then did Honorable Mentions, then "Rangers Property." This list will definitely go to 30, and still have intriguing names, rather than Josh Nicholls or Adam Chapie or whatever.

And odds are we'll only have 2-3 graduates out of the top 15 as of next offseason between Pionk, Chytil, and Andersson. Should be a good pool for a while- though questions about a lack of a player with true superstar potential continue.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

That's debatable.

At 25 in January he is dropping lower and lower on our center depth chart. Wouldn't even consider him anything more than an average AHL player at this point and wouldn't be surprised to see him playing overseas in a year or 2.

I know big players that can skate are popular around here but i don't see much that screams anything more than a fringe NHL player at his prime, which he's probably at.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's debatable.

At 25 in January he is dropping lower and lower on our center depth chart. Wouldn't even consider him anything more than an average AHL player at this point and wouldn't be surprised to see him playing overseas in a year or 2.

I know big players that can skate are popular around here but i don't see much that screams anything more than a fringe NHL player at his prime, which he's probably at.
I know it's debatable but wasn't really looking for a debate. I've always been the "Nieves Guy" here. I know my opinion is unpopular.

A couple years ago almost everyone told me he didn't even have a shot at an NHL career because he wasn't productive enough in college. Wrong. Teams love the size-speed combo. If you have that, you'll get a chance and probably a second and a third. I see him sticking around for a while, whether or not it's with us.

Anyway, the point of my post doesn't change even if you change "probably will continue to" into "has some degree of chance to".

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I know it's debatable but wasn't really looking for a debate. I've always been the "Nieves Guy" here. I know my opinion is unpopular.

A couple years ago almost everyone told me he didn't even have a shot at an NHL career because he wasn't productive enough in college. Wrong. Teams love the size-speed combo. If you have that, you'll get a chance and probably a second and a third. I see him sticking around for a while, whether or not it's with us.

Anyway, the point of my post doesn't change even if you change "probably will continue to" into "has some degree of chance to".

I'd like to see what Nieves can do playing on the wing without the responsibilities of center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad