Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #13 Prospect

#13 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Don't really agree with Lettieri winning this. Voted for Barron. Would have him, Virta, Meskanen, Ronning at least over Lettieri.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Don't really agree with Lettieri winning this. Voted for Barron. Would have him, Virta, Meskanen, Ronning at least over Lettieri.
Ya the polls will be all over from this point on. Some people were saying they wouldn't put Ronning in their top 20 but he will likely end up around 14-16. All preference at this point.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We definitely have strong perceptions of players after the draft.

Had we gone with Wilde in the 2nd round and Wise in the 3rd, I bet they both would be on the list by 15.
As it stands, I doubt Lindbom or Ragnarsson even make the top 20.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I voted Lettieri after debating with myself between him and Virta, but I don’t see how Barron should be ranked significantly higher than a player like Gettinger. They’re both big bodies with decent stats, and they share a birth-year.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Barron, add Ragnarsson.

It’s emphatically clear there’s a drop after 12.

We lack top end elite, but our quality and variety between 2-12 should play against any system in the league.

Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Was close between Virta and Ronning but I went Virta. Add Joey Keane
Yeah? Tell me what was the straw that broke the camel's back there?

Guys, there are still five players with some NHL and a lot of pro experience... sorry to make an example of this. Patrik Virta? I bet even HE would be scratching his head 9and best of luck to him)… Look at Bigras' numbers in Hartford...and future Lindros, Boo Nieves seriously did pick it up after going back to Hartford. Pedrie earned a game also. No mention of him yet... Lettieri is looking like a future bottom-six player. As in like next season.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Tight race.

Went with Ronning.

I know the goals jump out at people, but it’s the hard work that intrigued me the most.

If the drive combines with enough translatable skill, I think he could carve out a niche.

Day is still a wildcard for me.

Lettieri is in the mix, but I need to see if he can make that last transition from AHL to NHL.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Yeah? Tell me what was the straw that broke the camel's back there?

Guys, there are still five players with some NHL and a lot of pro experience... sorry to make an example of this. Patrik Virta? I bet even HE would be scratching his head 9and best of luck to him)… Look at Bigras' numbers in Hartford...and future Lindros, Boo Nieves seriously did pick it up after going back to Hartford. Pedrie earned a game also. No mention of him yet... Lettieri is looking like a future bottom-six player. As in like next season.
???
Of all the options avaliable I think Virta is the best guy there. 40 pts in 58 Finnish league games is really good also had good possesion numbers. I don’t know what your getting on about but this is a prospect poll you chose who you think the best player is and go from there. Im sorry im not Corey Pronman watching every game these kids play. Your name is BobmarleyNYR so I assume you were on some good stuff while you wrote this but if you dont think these guys are good dont vote and dont go at me for saying between these two guys I likw Virta better.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
???
Of all the options avaliable I think Virta is the best guy there. 40 pts in 58 Finnish league games is really good also had good possesion numbers. I don’t know what your getting on about but this is a prospect poll you chose who you think the best player is and go from there. Im sorry im not Corey Pronman watching every game these kids play. Your name is BobmarleyNYR so I assume you were on some good stuff while you wrote this but if you dont think these guys are good dont vote and dont go at me for saying between these two guys I likw Virta better.

Yeah, Virta is a good prospect. I mean he has accomplished as much as a guy like Ronning, who was just decent until an over-age CHL season, Day who is still kind of an unknown after all this time, Ville Meskanen who has a similar background, and even Barron who is also a late-round pick with one good but not great NCAA season under his belt.

Other than Lettieri who has NHL experience, Meskanen and Virta are the only two with any type of professional experience (and they have had success there). So unless you see a massive gap in upside between someone like Virta and Barron, for example, it seems kind of bizarre to get all bent out of shape about picking Virta. Or any of the other guys, for that matter.

Reactions: Rangers743

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Yeah, Virta is a good prospect. I mean he has accomplished as much as a guy like Ronning, who was just decent until an over-age CHL season, Day who is still kind of an unknown after all this time, Ville Meskanen who has a similar background, and even Barron who is also a late-round pick with one good but not great NCAA season under his belt.

Other than Lettieri who has NHL experience, Meskanen and Virta are the only two with any type of professional experience (and they have had success there). So unless you see a massive gap in upside between someone like Virta and Barron, for example, it seems kind of bizarre to get all bent out of shape about picking Virta. Or any of the other guys, for that matter.
Yeah Im just confused why this guy is talking about how none of these guys have potential in a prospect poll. Of course most won't ammount to much but thats not the point of these.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
[mod]

It's that I fail to see a distinguishing difference between one guy who had good output and another that are both long-shots to begin with... I don't know. It's altogether possible you guys DO watch these guys every time they play.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
[mod]

It's that I fail to see a distinguishing difference between one guy who had good output and another that are both long-shots to begin with... I don't know. It's altogether possible you guys DO watch these guys every time they play.
Well I'm sorry that I don't have a degree in Hockeyology and that I can't watch every Vancouver Giants or Tps game there is but based off what I have seen these two players are the best avaliable and I chose Virta.
Btw if your curious of what I've seen I've watched a few games of each, seen highlights of them on places like Youtube or Twitter, and look at their stats. Again I'm sorry im not Nickolai Bobrov going out to scout all these players, I just wanted to give my opinion on these hockey players on a ******* hockey fourm.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
voted for goal machine Ronning. add Lindbom for shiny new toy effect. Expecting the scouts saw something. More hopeful as this is a European draft pick as opposed to the NA picks which have not panned out so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad