Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #13 Prospect

#13 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)
11. Alexander Georgiev (G) (Undrafted) (50%)
12. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round)

cut.jpg

5a1c725a6c8332_12327445.jpeg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*
----------------------------------------------​
Added: Virta & Meskanen

Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be add:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Bigras, Chris D/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Fontaine, Gabriel C/L
Gettinger, Tim LW/L
Gilmour, John D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Gross, Nico D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Huska, Adam G/L
Keane, Joey D/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Lindbom, Olof G/L
Lindqvist, Michael RW/R
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
Nieves, Boo C/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pajuniemi, Lauri RW/R
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Ragnarsson, Jacob D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Wall, Tyler G/L

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Rykov was automatically given the #12 spot as that poll would have been a blowout in his favor. Just like Andersson was given the #4 spot.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just can't vote Day yet. Yes he is huge and can skate but every time I watch him he always makes bonehead plays. I cannot see him ever making the NHL with his lack of hockey smarts.

Lettieri, like Pionk, had an great first pro season and should be better next season. Every year has has improved his stats since 2011 so i'm going to think that trend continues. He's my vote.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Meskanen. Lindqvist.

The prospects are still pretty good but we're at the point where things are unknown or getting iffy. I think either Meskanen and/or Lindqvist could be with the Rangers this year......or not. They are the unknowns right now. Lettieri or Nieves could be with the Rangers a lot too.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lettieri I guess, add Nieves. It's a little early IMO for the more mature prospects with limited upside but NHL experience to be going off the board, but if that's what we're doing, I'll be consistent.

Gilmour, O'Gara, Nieves and Bigras should probably be added soon if we're going to be voting for Lettieri right now.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Lettieri I guess, add Nieves. It's a little early IMO for the more mature prospects with limited upside but NHL experience to be going off the board, but if that's what we're doing, I'll be consistent.

Gilmour, O'Gara, Nieves and Bigras should probably be added soon if we're going to be voting for Lettieri right now.

It's funny you put it that way. At this stage of rankings, I almost always choose the upside guys over the more accomplished guys. Which is why I voted for Ronning.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So this is more or less the beginning of the next 'tier' of prospects. Blue-chippers 1-4, promising kids 5-12, now we're into the long shot and low-ceiling territory.

This is pretty good considering in the winter we pretty much only had 4 prospects in that tier, with guys like Lettieri Graves, and Nieves going 5-6-7.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/rangers-prospect-poll-winter-2017-18-results.2444413/

Add Lindbom. I'll assume NYR scouting saw something in the kid that should at least put him over the Gettinger's and Crawley's of the world.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

I don't disagree, but I think Lettieri already is an NHLer who could turn into a better Brandon Pirri; and that's a floor/upside combination that beats out anybody else left on the board.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't disagree, but I think Lettieri already is an NHLer who could turn into a better Brandon Pirri; and that's a floor/upside combination that beats out anybody else left on the board.
I'm not sold Lettieri is a regular. He still has a lot of holes in his game. I could just as easily see him spending the majority of the year in Hartford than the majority in New York. He has time to improve, I just don't think he's particularly dynamic and there's that much that can be improved.

Nieves played about the same amount of games as Lettieri, and personally I think what he brings to the table has more "staying power" than Lettieri. I think Nieves is a year older, but still. I'd wager he has the longer career, whether it's here or not.

I could even see O'Gara sticking longer. I though O'Gara got better as the season wound down and can be a useful 6/7 for a lot of teams, including ours.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I would vote for Ragnarrson or Pajuniemi over any of these guys.

Ragnarsson is one of our highest remaining draft picks. He just put up OEL / Ekholm numbers in the Allsvenskan while playing solid defense in a pro league and is younger than anyone on this list.

Pajuniemi was one of our best forwards in training camp and is only 18. He's only 6 months older than Rasmus Kupari, who was a first rounder, but put up basically the same numbers in the Liiga.

I would argue Ragnarsson and Pajuniemi both stood out at training camp more than any of the players on this list except Meskanen despite being 2-4 years younger. I think their combination of youth, production, and talent offers more upside than anyone on this list, except maybe Day, but I think the likelihood of a good outcome is much higher with guys who produced in pro leagues at 18 than a guy who needed to go back to a junior league at 20. We should be learning from what happened with Gropp when he tried to transition to the AHL after a productive overage year.

Add Ragnarsson I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->