Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #11 Prospect

#11 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Summer 2018 Prospect Poll

1. Filip Chytil (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round) (66%)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (59%)
3. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (52%)
4. Lias Andersson (F) (2017 Draft - 1st round)
5. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (44%)
6. Brett Howden (F) (2016 Draft - 1st round) (47%)
7. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (55%)
8. Neal Pionk (D) (Undrafted) (56%)
9. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (60%)
10. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (41%)

lindgren_usa.0.jpg

*Anthony DeAngelo played 6 too many NHL games is no longer eligible*

----------------------------------------------​

Added: Barron
Please post who you want added, eligible prospects that can be add:

Bernhardt, Daniel LW/L
Bigras, Chris D/L
Crawley, Brandon D/L
Fogarty, Steven D/L
Fontaine, Gabriel C/L
Gettinger, Tim LW/L
Gilmour, John D/L
Gropp, Ryan LW/L
Gross, Nico D/L
Halverson, Brandon G/L
Hughes, Riley RW/R
Huska, Adam G/L
Keane, Joey D/R
Kjellberg, Simon LW/L
Lakatos, Dominik C/L
Leedahl, Dawson LW/L
Lindbom, Olof G/L
Lindqvist, Michael RW/R
Meskanen, Ville RW/R
Nanne, Tyler D-F/R
Nell, Chris G/L
Nieves, Boo C/L
O'Gara, Rob D/L
Pajuniemi, Lauri RW/R
Pedrie, Vince D/L
Ragnarsson, Jacob D/L
Reunanen, Tarmo D/L
Sjalin, Calle D/L
Virta, Patrik C/R
Wall, Tyler G/L

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Man, when did Ronning get added? I have 4-5 guys not even on the list yet that I'd vote for ahead of him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Don't think I'd have Ronning in top-20
I'll have him somewhere just outside that, I would think. Nondescript player for four years then explodes for 60+ as an over-ager. I love his motor and his ability to find space and get off shots, but he's still a real long shot IMO. We'll see when we get to him, but IDK. Lettieri is another one that's up there that I won't be considering until we get to the Nieves, Gilmour, O'Gara range of guys.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I'll have him somewhere just outside that, I would think. Nondescript player for four years then explodes for 60+ as an over-ager. I love his motor and his ability to find space and get off shots, but he's still a real long shot IMO. We'll see when we get to him, but IDK. Lettieri is another one that's up there that I won't be considering until we get to the Nieves, Gilmour, O'Gara range of guys.
I'll tell you that after the next two are decided between Rykov/Georgiev, I am leaning towards Day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wasn't Rykov supposed to be one of the Devils' better prospects? I know a lot of people are freaking out about the rebuild (or at least one person), but if that's not a testament to our rebuild I don't know what is.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Knew this was going to be tight.

Went with Gerogiev.

I like Rykov's upside, and him sitting this low isn't a reflection on his abilities so much as it's the reality of the depth we have. But he's a very legit NHL prospect. Not flashy, maybe a little under the radar, but a good prospect.

However, at this point, I can't let Georgiev slide further based on what he showed last season.

Yes, goaltending is a more unpredictable position. Yes, he doesn't have the pedigree and he wasn't on as many radars last season.

But I simply can't ignore his impact in Hartford and what he showed in 10 NHL games. He's bit more of a wildcard because we haven't seen him play more than 37 games at any stop over the last four years, but he's been consistently good across multiple leagues.

I also think that if we didn't have Shestyorkin, we'd be talking a lot more about this kid.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Huska has dropped right off people's charts, eh?

Tough to accurately rank guys like Keane, Ragnarsson, and Pajuniemi when 99% of us know nothing about them.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Huska has dropped right off people's charts, eh?

Tough to accurately rank guys like Keane, Ragnarsson, and Pajuniemi when 99% of us know nothing about them.

Still on the radar for me, and I like him. But we're essentially trying to integrate a tidal wave of prospects into our rankings this summer.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Still on the radar for me, and I like him. But we're essentially trying to integrate a tidal wave of prospects into our rankings this summer.

With very few graduating prospects. That won't be the case next summer (most likely).

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Keep in mind the Rangers also have guys who will be on the roster, or challenging for a spot, who are young enough to be on this list, but have played too many games at the NHL level --- Buchnevich and ADA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad