Rangers Prospect Poll: #8

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
On the strength of a great first half of the season in the SEL, Oscar Lindberg easily won round 7. D Sam Noreau is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg

Oscar Lindberg
Center
Born Oct 29 1991
Height 6.00 -- Weight 187 -- Shoots L

2012-13 HV71 Jonkoping SEL 31 13 11 24 4

Oscar+Lindberg+8X5HBDQKv9em.jpg

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik was supposed to be in the Rangers camp right now, but for the injury. He's a 21 year old who's thiiis close to the NHL. What's the reason not to rank him already?

Add Calle Anderson because he's an 18 year old playing in the SEL. He's big, strong and decently mobile.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hrivik. I'm liking what I'm hearing about him being a capable player on both sides of the puck. Thomas is too much of a boom or bust for me.

Add Fogarty.

The prospect pool is really starting to thin out after the second tier.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Guys eligible by HF standards to be added:

Andersson
Bourque
Ceresnak
Delisle
Fogarty
McColgan
Missiaen
Niemi
Parlett
Pashnin
Spelling
Stajcer
Talbot
Wilson
Yogan
Zuccarello

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
holy crap Thomas' stock has gone down on this board

His potential is very high b/c of his offense but his ability to reach that potential is so low or so far out of reach right now. Thats how I feel about it although I'm pleasantly surprised and happy to see him making the whale and generating some points with them very dissappointed Yogan couldn't at least make the whale roster. Other guys have just proven they are much closer to being NHL ready

Lindberg's offense this year, Fasth's consistently shown speed and offense, McI is clearly not just a fist and is actually covering for veteran pillow Gilroy, Miller looks like a great pick. I haven't downgraded CT so much as everyone else has upgraded in my eyes over the last year and a half

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I sticky'd this thread to make it easier to find.

I picked Thomas, but I see Hrivik is leading... what's the scouting report on him?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I never got why Thomas was so much more popular than the bigger St. Croix.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I never got why Thomas was so much more popular than the bigger St. Croix.

Thomas is a smaller player but his trademark is that he will go into the dirty areas and fight for the puck(when he is playing well). His shot was close to NHL caliber in his draft year.

St. Croix still has the "soft" label around him although I think he has come a long way since his draft year.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I went with Thomas. He had a terrific 2010-11 OHL year and while he didn't match that last year, he did have a 10 game suspension that definitely affected both his game and his stats. St. Criox is close though.

Add Fogarty

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Add Ceresnak

Liked what I saw of him in the WJC. He showed some offense too, that was nice to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad