Rangers Prospect Poll: #7

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Again, Marek Hrivik for proving as a 20 year old that he's capable of playing on the AHL first line. The Rangers already indicated that he's likely to be the first of our prospects (besides Hageline and Kreider) to get called up to the end.

Add Sam Noreau, he's having a good season. Big fists, decent mobility and now he's showing some flashes of being able to chip in a little bit offensively. He's got real potential to be a tough top-6 defenseman.

Between Oscar and Marek both have shown capability to play at a very high level. Marek is doing it here in NA which is a major plus so I can understand giving him the edge. I don't know Marek's defensive game though everyone raves about Lindberg's so if Oscar's D is really that good and Marek's hasn't been worth mentioning (Maybe solid but unspectacular) I'd give the edge to OL

Agree with adding Noreau though I'm not bothering to look up who is we could add. McColgan, Fog, Spelling, And, a goalie. Noreau's a good add I think. Bourque still counts too I think

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Between Oscar and Marek both have shown capability to play at a very high level. Marek is doing it here in NA which is a major plus so I can understand giving him the edge. I don't know Marek's defensive game though everyone raves about Lindberg's so if Oscar's D is really that good and Marek's hasn't been worth mentioning (Maybe solid but unspectacular) I'd give the edge to OL

Marek Hrivik is a very good defensive player. This is a guy who was trained by a Jacques Lemaire style coach in juniors and he fully bought into that system (unlike Gaborik under Lemaire). I am having a hard time thinking up a play that I remember seeing where I went, "oh crap, what the hell did Hrivik just do on defense?"

That said, Lindberg is a very legitimate choice here, as are Thomas and St. Croix because these two have easily the highest ceiling of any remaining prospects.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lindberg. Add Fogarty.

Looks like Lindberg it is for this round. It should be interesting to see the next round when in all likelihood it's going to be Hrvik against Thomas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->