Rangers Prospect Poll: #7

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
In another relatively close vote , RW Jesper Fast won with 40% of the vote. He will be the final prospect to enter the next poll as one of the "Original 6" for whom we can vote in the first round. LW Kyle Jean is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast

Jesper Fast
Right Wing
Born Dec 2 1991
Height 5.11 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots R

2012-13 HV71 Jonkoping SEL 31 13 11 24 4

20110104_145509_8_0.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Again, Marek Hrivik for proving as a 20 year old that he's capable of playing on the AHL first line. The Rangers already indicated that he's likely to be the first of our prospects (besides Hageline and Kreider) to get called up to the end.

Add Sam Noreau, he's having a good season. Big fists, decent mobility and now he's showing some flashes of being able to chip in a little bit offensively. He's got real potential to be a tough top-6 defenseman.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Tough choice between Lindberg and Hrivik. Went with Hrivik because I think he has more offensive upside. Lindberg also has to get used to NA ice.

Add Noreau.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Lindberg. Once again, he's 5th (okay, 6th as of this evening) in the SEL in scoring as a 21 year old - and that's after he was already considered a prospect on his faceoff ability alone. (Hrivik next.)

Noreau. He showed he had upside in TC 2 years ago and he's another guy who really appears to have taken a step forward this year.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I like Oscar Lindberg here. I think his ceiling is lower than Thomas' but his probability of being an impact player in the league is much more likely.

Add Fogarty

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Man, CT's stock has plummeted on this board.

I still like him and I hope the next draft we get another player like that with our second rounder. However, there are plenty of prospects with a higher probability of cracking the NHL: Hrivik, Fast, Lindberg, etc. Once the people lightly to be top-9 are voted in, the high risk, high return will come in. Thats when Thomas and St. Croix will come in. Both should certainly be top 10.

7. Hrivik
8. Lindberg
9. St.Croix
10. Thomas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad