Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #6

Who is our #6 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
RW Vinni Lettieri won round 5. RW Ty Ronning is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

Anthony DeAngelo

Defense -- shoots R
Born Oct 24 1995 -- Sewell, NJ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 181 [180 cm/82 kg]
Drafted by Tampa Bay Lightning
- round 1 #19 overall 2014 NHL Entry Draft

2017-18 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 25 GP 2 11 13 17 PIM

TOP PROSPECTS

1. G Igor Shesterkin
2. C Lias Andersson
3. C Filip Chytil

SECOND TIER

4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. RW Vinni Lettieri

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Brandon Halverson
G Chris Nell
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D Alexei Bereglazov
D Brandon Crawley
D Calle Sjalin
D John Gilmour
D Sergey Zborovskiy
D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
C Dominik Lakatos
C Gabriel Fontaine
C Morgan Barron
RW Nicklas Jensen
C Patrik Virta
LW Ryan Gropp
C Steven Fogarty
LW Tim Gettinger
RW Tyler Nanne

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Graves. People are disappointed he's not scoring, but that's because the new coach put him in a defensive position. Kenny G threw Graves into offense, giving him some points, but resulting in some blown defensive plays and Graves didn't look great on offense anyway. The new coach has him doing what he does best, which is play defense. He looks really good defensively now and his skating is NHL quality too, looking fast, quick and smooth. He isn't having a bad season, just not going into offense, as per the coach's instructions.

Add Morgan Barron because he's scoring almost a point per game as an 18 yr old rookie in college.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Graves. People are disappointed he's not scoring, but that's because the new coach put him in a defensive position. Kenny G threw Graves into offense, giving him some points, but resulting in some blown defensive plays and Graves didn't look great on offense anyway. The new coach has him doing what he does best, which is play defense. He looks really good defensively now and his skating is NHL quality too, looking fast, quick and smooth. He isn't having a bad season, just not going into offense, as per the coach's instructions.

Add Morgan Barron because he's scoring almost a point per game as an 18 yr old rookie in college.

I don't see why he couldn't do some of both eventually. He has offense talent and defense talent.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Was torn between Pionk and Graves but chose Pionk, largely because I think his handedness and style of play will give him a better shot at the NHL full time, and see him as having a #4 ceiling rather than a #5.

Since I doubt Nieves will ever be more than a 4th liner, I can't vote him too high. Dale Weise never cracked the top 5 that I can remember.

Add Barron. He's outplaying most of his drafted freshman peers in the NCAA. Not too many guys left to add that I rate as probable NHLers. Crawley over Aho :(

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The difference between Lettieri and Nieves so big that either Graves or Pionk (0r both) could sneak in between? Puzzling. Don't forget Huska.

Anyway, if we are picking defenseman my vote is to more offensively capable Pionk.

Add Gropp.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'd probably argue that ADA might be on his own little platform. A step below the top three, but probably ahead of the next cluster which includes Graves-Nieves-Lettieri-Pionk.

Still going to go with Graves, based on the position he plays and the potential to be a respectably third pairing guy.

But I will also say that whereas guys like Lettieri and Nieves have raised their stock this season, Graves has probably backslid a tad.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad