Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #5

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Another preseason game over, another round of polling coming up. G Igor Shesterkin won round 4. C/LW Crystoval Nieves is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that McIlrath, Clendening, Paliotta, Skjei and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin

Igor Shesterkin
Goalie
Born Dec 30 1995 -- Moscow, Russia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 187

2015-16 St. Petersburg SKA KHL 11GP 7-1-2 2.04 GAA 0.921%

AP_681135644319_w9mympje_dzndbdk6.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Clendening, Adam
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Gilmour, John
Gropp, Ryan
Jensen, Nicklas
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Morrison, Brad
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Reunanen, Tarmo
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Going with The Undertaker. He's already an NHL player and could realistically be a top-4 defenseman sooner than later.

Add Huska. I know he played at a low level in the USHL, but what you're looking for if a kid is in the lower league is for him to dominate which is exactly what he did. Named Goalie of the Year and First Team All-Star, so he was pretty clearly the top goalie in the USHL. I watched him in the WJC and he was very good despite playing behind a terrible Slovak team.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Definitely Mackie.

Also think he should be higher, OTOH, Shest has a ton of potential. It is like that with very promising goalies, I can't rule out that Shest will be top 3-5 in the WORLD in 10 years (which easily should put him at the top of this ranking). OTOH, I wouldn't even bet money on him ever playing for us. Think that is a coin-flip at best. So where do you rank him? Impossible to break down really.

I probably would have taken Mackie over Skjei. I really don't like that he played as little as he did last season (he not only played very few games, the worst part was that he basically only played during 3-4 weeks of the season and then just saw some odd minutes here and there). I just really like the kid.

I think a very good argument could be made for Nieves or Graves after McI. But -- this is something I didn't think I would say a few months ago -- Robin Effin Kovac is IMO making the selections for the 6-8 spots tough. I am a big Graves fan. I like Nieves and really appreciate the tremendous effort he obviously has put into making the NHL. But I really really like the potential Kovac is showing too. Would probably go with him for 6th, Graves for 7th (more potential than Nieves) and Nieves for 8th.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
The Undertaker, add Clendening.

I don't get how Clendening isn't added yet, he's a 23yo PMD who looks NHL ready in pre season and has scored 45+ in the AHL twice already.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00