Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #5

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Another round, another blowout, this time for Dylan McIlrath. Boo Nieves is replacing him in the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath

Dylan McIlrath
Defense
Born Apr 20 1992 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 6.05 -- Weight 215 -- Shoots R

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 4 0 0 0 29

chl_display_image.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Hrivik because as a 20-year-old rookie he established himself as an AHL first liner. He came out of a defense-first team, yet his offense is very good. Can play in any situation. Hrivik will almost certainly be an NHLer, probably a better one than people here realize. He'd have been ranked higher if people had a chance to see him during Traverse and preseason, but those were unfortunately canceled.

Add MSC. We got good reports on him last year from an Oil King fan who watched him game in and game out.

Kershaw

I like Skjei, but he is bottom pairing guy on his college team. Fasth and Lindberg are two of the better SEL scorers and 1st liners on their teams. Hrivik also has been good professionally.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I don't really draw much of a distinction between Hrivik, Fast, Lindberg, and Skjei. They should all be on a tier together. Add Jean.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Voted Fast(h), should be a toss up between him, Thomas and Skjei. After that Hrivik, Lindbergh and St. Croix. Add St. Croix.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Skjei. I feel he has the greatest combination of top-end potential and likelihood of reaching that potential.

Add St. Croix.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I like Skjei, but he is bottom pairing guy on his college team. Fasth and Lindberg are two of the better SEL scorers and 1st liners on their teams. Hrivik also has been good professionally.

The better prospect isn't simply who is in the more illustrious position right now. That's the issue I have with these prospect polls every year. If that's all we go by then why bother?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lindberg, add StC. I wonder if posters have not been following Lindberg's progress this season. IMHO he should be considered at least on par with Fasth as far as prospects ranking is concerns (but so far there are 14 votes for Fasth and only 5 for Lindberg???)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindberg, add StC. I wonder if posters have not been following Lindberg's progress this season. IMHO he should be considered at least on par with Fasth as far as prospects ranking is concerns (but so far there are 14 votes for Fasth and only 5 for Lindberg???)

Even with the spike in production from Lindberg this year, I still think Fasth has greater offensive upside. Lindberg is certainly the more complete player. I think an argument can be made for either. They're very close though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad