Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #3

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LW Jimmy Vesey easily won round 2. D Sean Day is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that McIlrath, Clendening, Paliotta, Skjei and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey

Jimmy Vesey
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born May 26 1993 -- North Reading, MA
Height 6.01 -- Weight 195

2015-16 Harvard University ECAC 33 24-22-46 6PIM

625-jimmy-vesey-hobey-baker-award.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Clendening, Adam
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Gilmour, John
Gropp, Ryan
Jensen, Nicklas
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Morrison, Brad
Nieves, Cristoval
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Reunanen, Tarmo
Skapski, Mackenzie
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shesterkin because he has greater upside than Skjei or anyone else who is left. 2.04 and 0.921 in the KHL as a 20-year-old is no joke. Possible goalie of the future.

Add Skapski. He's done well this preaseason and in his rookie AHL year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Went with Shestyorkin too. Good goalie who is alrady playing pro-hockey in the KHL.

Add Gilmour, who is a really nice addition to our organization. I have watched him a few times in the NCAA and he reminds me a lot of Zubov, with the way he likes to shoot

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Was tempted to go with Shesty, but in the end sticking with Skjei based on his work at the end of last year in the NHL playoffs. One PS game (apparently playing under the weather) shouldn't change that, especially when he looked much better last night.

Add Skapski.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Skjei. A couple bad preseason games with scrub partners doesn't erase what I saw last season against real competition.

Add Skapski. He seems to have completely put his injury behind him, and he's still only 22. He looks like a lock at this point to be at least a solid backup in the coming years, and that definitely has value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad