Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #3

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
In another blowout, LW Carl Hagelin deservedly took the second spot. He was replaced by another LW, the surprising phenom Marek Hrivik.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin

Carl Hagelin
Left Wing
Born Aug 23 1988 -- Sodertalje, Sweden
Height 5.11 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots L

2011-12 New York Rangers NHL 64 14 24 38 24

carlhagelinnewyorkrangersvnewjerseyw6bmnmzyaafl.jpg

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for The Undertaker. People hate him because he's not an offensive dynamo like Tarasenko or Fowler, but guess what, he's a terrific prospect and if you had been watching Hartford games since he returned, you'd know that much.

Anyone who says he's just fists has no clue. He's so far above Purinton that the comparison is not even funny. He's a good skater, he's a good defender and he's mostly fixed his problem of getting out of position in order to land a hit. He's developing into a wonderful, very effective defenseman.

I would bet money with anyone here that in a few years he'll be more valuable to the team than J.T. Miller. This team needs another Beukeboom (with better fighting and skating ability) more than it needs it another Anisimov.

Add Lindberg. This one is easy. He's the #5 scorer in the SEL, which is the 2-3 best league in the world.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hopefully he'll put the last pieces to our D for a long time.
Add Oscar Lindberg.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Went McIlrath. Miller is more likely to be a consistent NHLer but every team has a player similar to him in the system. Very few have a player with the specific skill set that McIlrath has the potential of bringing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Miller, add St. Croix.

Like with Kreider, I am ready to be proven wrong by McIlrath.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

In the summer of 2010 when he was 22 (born September 1, 1987) Mats Zuccarello was signed as a free agent by the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL) to a two-year entry-level contract.

So technically Zuccarello is still a prospect as he only has played 52 NHL games?
That was mean... :badidea:
Now this thread will never end...

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Went with McIlrath. It's tough to weigh, because I think Miller is closer to making into the NHL, but I feel that McIlrath will have a much bigger impact when he enters the NHL, and when he does it won't be too much further after Miller.

Add Lindberg

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Miller. I have really high hopes for him in becoming a Ryan Kesler-lite type of player.

Adding Lindberg should be an easy choice here.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Miller for me. You can make the case that he is nearly NHL ready...at 19.

His development curve has been great, and to think that he is making the kind of plays he is at the PRO LEVEL so soon is very encouraging. May not be the flashiest player out there but he is a player you win with.

Everyone views him as "safe", which he is, but IMO his upside also gets underrated. Needs to be more consistent.

Add Lindberg.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Miller. Definitely McIlrath next.

Add Lindberg (though I'm tempted to say add St. Croix).

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Are the results of previous polls like this compiled somewhere?

Like a list of the rankings per the votes on here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad