Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #22

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
G Alexandar Gregoriev is placed at #14 as the median point in the voting to add him. RW Ty Ronning won the tiebreaker round and is added at #21. C Gabriel Fontaine is added to the poll.

RULES CHANGE:

Since HF no longer functions beyond the forum, no reason to have their old rules. We do, however, need the same rules for everyone or else the rankings mean nothing.

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. G Igor Shesterkin
3. C Lias Andersson
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. C Filip Chytil

SECOND TIER

6. D Alexei Bereglazov
7. D Ryan Graves
8. D Sean Day
9. D Neal Pionk
10. G Adam Huska
11. C/LW Cristoval "Boo" Nieves
12. LW Ryan Gropp
13. G Tyler Wall
14. G Alexandar Georgiev
15. D Sergey Zborovskiy

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Nicklas Jensen
17. LW Tim Gettinger
18. RW Robin Kovacs
19. D Calle Sjalin
20. C Dominik Lakatos
21. RW Ty Ronning

Ty Ronning
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Oct 20 1997 -- Burnaby, BC
Height 5.09 -- Weight 170

2016-17 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 12GP 2 3 5 6PIM

former-vancouver-giant-ty-ronning-whos-had-a-hot-start-for.jpeg

AVAILABLE PROSPECTS

GOALIES

G Chris Nell

DEFENSEMEN

D John Gilmour

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
LW Dawson Leedahl
LW Malte Stromwall
C Morgan Barron
C Steven Fogarty
RW Tyler Nanne
RW Vinni Lettieri

GRADUATED OR GONE:

1. LW Jimmy Vesey
2. D Brady Skjei
3. C/LW Marek Hrivik
4. D Troy Donnay
5. G Mackenzie Skapski
6. C Brad Morrison
7. D Tommy Hughes
8. RW Adam Chapie
9. G Mackenzie Skapski
10. D Michael Paliotta

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Surprised Leedahl is getting more votes over a guy like Tambo

What has Tambellini shown in the AHL that makes him anything more than a career AHL-er?

Leedahl is young, going to play pro hockey for the first time ever and has everything to play for. The book on Tambellini has been written, basically.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't understand Tarmo over Pedrie. I get the whole "upside" thing with Tarmo, but the reality is he was a raw prospect a long ways off when we drafted him and for various reasons (including injury) was only mediocre in a relatively weak league last season. There's a very real and very likely possibility that he's never as good as Pedrie, a guy who put together two good college season to earn an ELC before looking steady in a cup of coffee with Hartford.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Surprised Leedahl is getting more votes over a guy like Tambo

I don't know that much about Leedahl. Saw him a few times last season and then in the M-Cup. However I've seen a lot of Tambellini; enough to make me believe he's nothing but a career AHLer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know that much about Leedahl. Saw him a few times last season and then in the M-Cup. However I've seen a lot of Tambellini; enough to make me believe he's nothing but a career AHLer.

That's the way I feel. When judging prospects, I would go for an unproven prospect over a prospect who is most likely a career AHL-er already

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What has Tambellini shown in the AHL that makes him anything more than a career AHL-er?

Leedahl is young, going to play pro hockey for the first time ever and has everything to play for. The book on Tambellini has been written, basically.

Leedahl is only 14 months younger than Tambo, and I'm not even that high on Tambellini. He had a good rookie year his first season in Hartford, and then there was the colossal **** show that was last season. I'm giving him one more year before writing him off as a prospect

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Leedahl is only 14 months younger than Tambo, and I'm not even that high on Tambellini. He had a good rookie year his first season in Hartford, and then there was the colossal **** show that was last season. I'm giving him one more year before writing him off as a prospect

I don't look at age here. Leedahl still has everything to play for at the pro-level. Tambellini just doesn't have it.

If I can pick between a guy who certainly won't make the NHL and a guy who potentially might, no matter how small that chance is, I pick the latter when rating prospects

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think Tambellini has atleast as big a shot to make the NHL as Leedahl, Hartford should be better this season, Rambo should aswell.

This is definitely a make or break season for Rambo though, 3rd AHL season, time to put up or shut up.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think Tambellini has atleast as big a shot to make the NHL as Leedahl, Hartford should be better this season, Rambo should aswell.

This is definitely a make or break season for Rambo though, 3rd AHL season, time to put up or shut up.

Idk I don't see it with Leedahl unless he fills a very specific role the organziation wants to develop. My reasoning was that Tambo had the same scoring rates as Leedahl did last year being s full year younger. At the same age he scored 17 goals in the AHL. It's tough to judge anyone based on Hartford's performance except someone like Jensen, Graves, or Summers who did very well relative to the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad