Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #19

Who is our #19 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Brandon Crawley won round 18. G Alexandar Georgiev is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT:

SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here.

Please vote on who to add to the next round of polling.

Brandon Crawley
Defense -- shoots L
Born Feb 2 1997 -- Glen Rock, NJ
Height 6.02 -- Weight 203

2017-18Hartford Wolf PackAHL39GP13466PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PROSPECT RANKINGS

1. G Igor Shesterkin
2. C Lias Andersson
3. C Filip Chytil
4. D Anthony DeAngelo
5. RW Vinni Lettieri
6. D Ryan Graves
7. C/LW Boo Nieves
8. D Neal Pionk
9. D Sean Day
10. RW Ty Ronning
11. C Morgan Barron
12. D Alexei Bereglazov
13. G Adam Huska
14. C Patrick Virta
15. D Calle Sjalin
16. LW Ryan Gropp
17. C Gabriel Fontaine
18. D Brandon Crawley

AVAILABLE TO BE ADDED

GOALIES

G Brandon Halverson
G Chris Nell
G Tyler Wall

DEFENSEMEN

D Tarmo Reunanen
D Vince Pedrie

FORWARDS

C Adam Tambellini
RW Daniel Bernhardt
RW Nicklas Jensen
C Steven Fogarty
RW Tyler Nanne

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Gettinger will get votes here, but he doesn't deserve it, just stats look fancier at a lower level in the Juniors. A forward his age getting only a point per game in the Juniors is not good. Gilmour is old, he'll be 25 this Spring. Lakatos didn't seem to have improved in the Czech league, not an awfully high level. Georgiev is an AHL backup for now and goalies are penalized for being highly risky. Zboro hasn't even established himself in the AHL yet and I have issues with his mobility.

Leedahl is similar size with Gropp, had nearly identical stats with him in the Juniors (and better than Gettinger getting now) and close enough in points per game in the AHL, but he's a more visible player while Gropp can only shoot. Leedahl deserves to be here.

Add Pedrie because he's in the AHL.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Gilmour was our pick for the AHL all-star game, I don't think he's on a radically different trajectory than Graves and Pionk even if he's two years older and he looked bad in Rangers preseason.

Should Kosmachuk be eligible?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Gettinger/Georgiev would probably be my picks, but I don’t feel all that strongly about the rest of the bunch and their order so I’m gonna tap out

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Gettinger will get votes here, but he doesn't deserve it, just stats look fancier at a lower level in the Juniors. A forward his age getting only a point per game in the Juniors is not good. Gilmour is old, he'll be 25 this Spring. Lakatos didn't seem to have improved in the Czech league, not an awfully high level. Georgiev is an AHL backup for now and goalies are penalized for being highly risky. Zboro hasn't even established himself in the AHL yet and I have issues with his mobility.

Leedahl is similar size with Gropp, had nearly identical stats with him in the Juniors (and better than Gettinger getting now) and close enough in points per game in the AHL, but he's a more visible player while Gropp can only shoot. Leedahl deserves to be here.

Add Pedrie because he's in the AHL.

To be fair though, Gettinger is scoring as many or more points than Gropp, Fontaine, or Leedahl did at his age. He's materially improved his productivity every year. He's 6'6", so there is a lot of physical ability there and tall players often have a later development curve. Fontaine and Leedahl are undoubtedly more likely to make it into the NHL at this point, but they are also older, more developed players and I'd argue there is a lower likelihood of them becoming more than a 4th line player than there is with Gettinger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad