Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #18

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
By continuing to improve and keeping a bad team in the game, Cam Talbot has for the first time made our top-20 prospects list. He's the first goalie on our list. D Blake Parlett is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty

SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. G Cam Talbot

Cam Talbot
Goalie
Born Jul 5 1987 -- Caledonia, ONT
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 30 games 13-17-0 2.69 0.915

image.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Players available to be added:

Delisle
Missiaen
Niemi
Pashnin
Stajcer
Wilson
Zuccarello

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bourque definitely deserves it.

Everyone soured on him when he got injured the last time, but he's a good spark plug player. He is visible on the ice in Hartford, one of the few that looks like they are doing something. He's a very, very good skater and his shot is also of NHL quality. If not for his size, he'd have been in the NHL right now. It's a big issue, but we are talking about our #18 here.

He certainly has more potential than someone like Spelling, who at the age of 20 still can't make the SEL or McColgan, who stopped improving.

Add Missiaen. He's shown good improvement and deserves to be an "honorable mention." He's starting his third Hartford game in a row, which shows confidence from the coaches.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
By continuing to improve and keeping a bad team in the game, Cam Talbot has for the first time made our top-20 prospects list. He's the first goalie on our list. D Blake Parlett is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty

SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. G Cam Talbot

Cam Talbot
Goalie
Born Jul 5 1987 -- Caledonia, ONT
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 30 games 13-17-0 2.69 0.915

image.jpg

Kudos to you, Beacon, for the above^.
My only alteration is I would include Yogan as more project than suspect.
Just my opinion.

I agree hereafter they are all suspects.
------------

None of the guys remaining is a lock, went Ceresnak.
Think he has the best chance of them to actually make the NHL

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Wilson should also get added before we are done so he becomes an honorable mention. He's not bad for a tough guy. Decent skating and decent hands for a tough guy. No skill at all, but who knows, he might become a 4th liner some day. I wouldn't bet on it, but not impossible.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Mashinter. Add Wilson.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but disagree on Mash. He's like a downgraded version of Newbury. Noob looks like the Messier of the AHL, whereas Mash looks like the Prust of the AHL.

His highest hope will be to become an occasional replacement when injuries hit bad, and even to do that would require a significant improvement in play.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
erm...Mashinter because he's seen time in the NHL already. Was between him and Spelling.

Add Wilson.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm sorry, but I can't help but disagree on Mash. He's like a downgraded version of Newbury. Noob looks like the Messier of the AHL, whereas Mash looks like the Prust of the AHL.

His highest hope will be to become an occasional replacement when injuries hit bad, and even to do that would require a significant improvement in play.

Mashinter has played some NHL games already and will probably see more in the future. Of the remaining choices, the only one I see with any realistic shot of playing any NHL games is Bourque. Some of these other names may have more upside, but I see them as such gigantic longshots that I can't vote for them over a guy that has actually spent time with the big club--even if he's mediocre at best.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Voted for Mash for his light NHL experience and his awesome name.

Add whoever you want. Delisle? Let's do that.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I don't think McColgan will be in the AHL next season, I think he starts in the ECHL.

This is the Whale lineup that I see next year:

Miller - Newbury - Ferriero
Bourque - Lindberg - Fasth
Mash - Jean - Thomas
Yogan - Wiebe - Haley
EXTRA: Wilson

McColgan could compete with Wilson for the extra spot, but it would make more sense for a young player to start in the ECHL where he'd get decent playing minutes. And to be honest with you, I think skill-wise, he's more an ECHLer than an AHLer at this point.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
i don't think mccolgan will be in the ahl next season, i think he starts in the echl.

This is the whale lineup that i see next year:

Miller - newbury - ferriero
bourque - lindberg - fasth
mash - jean - thomas
yogan - wiebe - haley
extra: Wilson

mccolgan could compete with wilson for the extra spot, but it would make more sense for a young player to start in the echl where he'd get decent playing minutes. And to be honest with you, i think skill-wise, he's more an echler than an ahler at this point.

msc???

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yup, forgot MSC. This makes it that much more unlikely that McColgan makes the AHL next year. It's also possible that Tessier returns. He's a nice player, but I'm not sure that we need him next year.

Miller - Newbury - Ferriero
Bourque - Lindberg - Fasth
Mash - Jean - Thomas
Haley - Wiebe - St. Croix

ECHL: Yogan, Wilson, McColgan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->