Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
RW Nicklas Jensen won round 16. RW Daniel Bernhardt replaced him in the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. G Igor Shesterkin
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. C/LW Aleksi Saarela
8. LW Ryan Gropp
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. C Robin Kovacs
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
13. C Steven Fogarty
14.D Sergey Zborovskiy
15. G Mackenzie Skapski

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

17. RW Nicklas Jensen

Nicklas Jensen
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Mar 6 1993 -- Herning, Denmark
Height 6.03 -- Weight 186

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 33GP 6-9-15 20PIM

NicklasJensen.png

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Hellberg, Magnus
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Huska is at 1.67 and 0.942 in the USHL and did well in the WJC.

Add Hughes because he's only 23 years old and already regularly plays on either the first or the second pair in the AHL. Big defensive defensemen take the longest to develop and he's doing well considering the game he plays and his age. The guy is basically ignored as a non-prospect on this forum because he doesn't score and he doesn't have the first round pedigree, just as Sauer was ignored. The two are very similar in terms of style.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Went with Morrison again, though Bernhardt is interesting. Both of Bernhardt's goals, his size, and his quick hands remind me of Nash. His 3 assist game was also reminiscent of Nash...getting assists by obtaining the puck and making long passes early in the transition. Could turn into a nice Forward for us if all goes well.

Then again, he could turn into a ****** version of Shawn Matthias that plays soft and unlike Matthias never reaches the NHL..lol. Who knows.

I'll go with Morrison for now because I have seen so little of Bernhardt...and also because Bernhardt played a dozen games in the Swedish Elite league and tallied one point. That could be a youth thing or a mishandling thing, but could also be cause for concern. Whatever the case, Bernhardt intrigues me. I'll be watching him in London.

Add Bourque.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
add Hellberg - no way to be certain any of the other 4 G's will have better NHL careers

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hughes, Hellberg, Iverson, Bourque all deserve to be added in the final 4 rounds to be at least Honorable Mentions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad