Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #17

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Andrew Yogan won round 16. LW Ryan Bourque is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty

SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan

Andrew Yogan
Left Wing
Born Dec 4 1991 -- Coral Springs, FL
Height 6.03 -- Weight 203 -- Shoots L

2012-13 Connecticut Whale AHL 17 1 2 3 13PIM

95942841-220x300.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Players available to be added:

Delisle
Missiaen
Niemi
Parlett
Pashnin
Stajcer
Wilson
Zuccarello

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Talbot for keeping a bad team in the game. They'd be last in the AHL without him.

Add Missiaen for showing good progress. He's good at stopping straight shots, good positionally, but needs to work on lateral movement and quickness. He has shown improvement in his lateral movement, and the value of a prospect is determined in much by his progress. Miss certainly deserves to be on the list of "honorable mentions."

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ceresnak, better chance to make it than not, i.e., a project, but less of one.

After this we are now into a couple of projects, and the rest are pretenders.
Delisle
Missiaen
Niemi
Parlett
Pashnin

can be added, IMO as projects
McColgan and Talbot are legit projects

The rest look like scraps now..

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Spelling is underrated. He had 4 points in 6 games at the WJC last year on a terrible team that finished last and got relegated down. He's second on his team in the Swedish Juniors. Spelling, Talbot and Bourque should definitely be in our top-20.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Spelling... add Delisle.

Spelling still needs to show he can produce at higher levels, but he has the most upside. McColgan is tempting, but he seems to have hit his offensive plateau a few years ago, and like Bourque he simply is too small to be effective otherwise in the NHL.

Delisle is having a very good year in the ECHL & he didn't embarrass himself in a brief stint with the Whale.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's tied, but again, there will not be a tie-breaker. Whoever wins, even by a single vote, will be listed as the winner of this round.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Talbot, Spelling, McColgan, Ceresnak in this order would round out my top-20.

add Parlett.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I went with Spelling. I just don't see any of the other guys having any real impact with the Rangers.

I guess add Missiaen. He to me is the only one who has a chance to be with the Rangers out of the remaining guys.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Talbot is a solid goaltender who will likely never get his chance here, because at this point with the franchise you want a veteran dependable backup rather than a rookie.

I think he'll end up a mid to low level starter on another team like Jason Labarbera or Johan Holmqvist for a few years.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Talbot add Zucc. Honestly I think Zucc has fallen behind this much because we aren't too sure whether or not if he'll return to NY. IMO he is a top 10 prospect.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Only 23 votes so.far. We need more people to participate.

It's difficult to generate excitement for this group. Only if one seeks "I told you so" honors about a prospect beating the odds.

McColgan. Add Niemi

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Talbot add Zucc. Honestly I think Zucc has fallen behind this much because we aren't too sure whether or not if he'll return to NY. IMO he is a top 10 prospect.

Based purely on skill, he deserves to be higher on the list. A big part of my ranking criteria though is whether a player will ever reach his potential in the NHL. I don't see Zuccarello coming back over any time soon, and certainly not to play with us. I have a hard time voting for him for him that reason. He's obviously the best player left but will never pan out for us.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Based purely on skill, he deserves to be higher on the list. A big part of my ranking criteria though is whether a player will ever reach his potential in the NHL. I don't see Zuccarello coming back over any time soon, and certainly not to play with us. I have a hard time voting for him for him that reason. He's obviously the best player left but will never pan out for us.

This is exactly why I haven't mentioned him as well. I imagine the same is true for most posters on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad