Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #16

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
G Mackenzie Skapski won round 15. RW Nicklas Jensen replaced him in the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. G Igor Shesterkin
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. C/LW Aleksi Saarela
8. LW Ryan Gropp
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. C Robin Kovacs
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
13. C Steven Fogarty
14.D Sergey Zborovskiy
15. G Mackenzie Skapski

Mackenzie Skapski
Goalie -- shoots L
Born Jun 15 1994 -- Abbotsford, BC
Height 6.03 -- Weight 192

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 10GP 2-5-1 3.51 0.888

VHjF5uZJ.jpeg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Bernhardt, Daniel
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Hellberg, Magnus
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Huska.

Add Tommy Hughes. He's a better prospect than given credit for because he's a defensive defenseman, so you can't tell how well he's playing by looking at the stats. He's the most Sauer-like of all our prospects. The guy is still only 22 years old and will not turn 23 until the last week of the season. Hughes now frequently plays on the first pair in Hartford, and when he's not on the first pair, he's on the second pair. He has shown steady improvement in his mobility since joining the Pack three seasons ago, which is his main issue.

Watch Tommy Hughes score a Game 7 OT goal to send the Pack to the second round last April (the goal is at 1:07): http://fox61.com/2015/05/01/hartford-wolf-pack-move-on-to-next-round-of-playoffs/

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
He was just added to the poll, but I'm going with Jensen. Former 1st rounder with speed and tools. Maybe he develops as a high-energy 4th liner with wheels. A pain in the ass is exactly what we need on the 4th line.

I don't have much hope for any of the players left other than Bourque and Bernhardt, so I'll go with youth and pick Bernhardt. He's been doing decently in the OHL, especially considering he's still acclimating to the NA game (2-3-5 and +5 in 5GP).

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I still like some of the remaining players, so I suppose our organizational depth is improving somewhat. Still a long way to go (and we really need to get some real prospects in Hartford).

Anyway, I voted for Huska. Seems like a solid goaltending prospect. Still a ways to go, to be sure, but he's had a nice season.

Add Bourque. I still think he can carve out a bottom-6 role. Hellberg has been disappointing.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Went with Jensen.

The upside isn't there like the other guys, but he's probably got a slightly better chance of finding a niche in the NHL (albeit as a fourth liner).

Morrison is interesting, but I'm not quite sure what kind of player he projects to at this point. He has a good amount of offensive skill and some grit, but his size and strength are going to be a challenge at the higher levels and I'm not sure how much of his offense translates to the pros. However, I could see him potentially finding a niche and doing a bunch of little things like a Dom Moore.

Huska has the potential to really climb the rankings next year, if he can build on this year's progress. However, as we've seen from Skapski and Halverson, that's not always as easy as it sounds.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hrivik, add Hellberg

I still like some of the remaining players, so I suppose our organizational depth is improving somewhat. Still a long way to go (and we really need to get some real prospects in Hartford).
Hellberg has been disappointing.

Hellberg, along with Hrivik, have turned around their seasons over the last month, both core contributors in HWP's current streak, and climb into a virtual tie with neighboring Bridgeport and Providence, for the 4th playoff spot in the division.

Hellberg is now in top half of league in GAA despite a handful of poorer games in 1st 1/2.

Actually, since Calle went down, out of the lineup as well as Diaz and Zamorsky, HWP has notably given up fewer goals. Not blaming Calle, but with Summers and Curran along side Hughes, Bodie, Skjei, Graves, HWP have been a much superior team.

Adam getting healthy, adding Jensen, and Hrivik getting points regularly has helped.

re "need to get some real prospects in Hartford") obviously this is mostly true about forwards, and before too long (April or September), along side Tambellini, we can expect to see most of Fogarty, Nieves, Gropp, Bernhardt, and Iverson at least, maybe even Buch for a while in the fall, maybe Morrison in the spring on ATO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad