Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #10 TIE-BREAKER

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What I don't get is the folks who are saying that MSC has higher potential. I think he does have high potential if he pans out - but saying it's higher than Nieves's is selling Boo short.

Remember, the report on Nieves when they drafted him was somewhat Kreider-esque: great raw physical tools (in particular the speed and the lanky size). The question was whether or not he would be able to develop as a player. Seems to me the stats at Michigan indicate that he has (already as a freshman!). There is serious upside here - as much as there is with MSC.

There's a reason why after 3 days of voting, they are still tied: there's an argument to be made for both guys. I like Nieves, I like him a lot. I also like anyone who can score over 100 points in the WHL. Both have issues. MSC has perimeter issues, while Nieves has raw issues. To be honest, I don't see as much potential with Nieves as with Kreider because he's nowhere near as strong and doesn't shoot as well.

P.S. With 6 hours to go before the tie-breaker shuts down automatically, it's once again tied.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
With 2 hours to go in the voting, MSC takes a massive one vote lead.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Regardless of tie, I think both should fall under the group of 2nd tier prospects. It would be wrong to classify either as a suspect prospect. Neither is in that distinction. I would add a 16th due to this as well.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Yeah, it's 13-13. I made the tie-breaker so that it will close automatically after 24 hours and whoever wins, even by a single vote, has won the round. It better not be tied.

LOL! It's 48 48 right now. HFNYR is trolling you. Awww when I posted MSC went to 49 quick lemme vote. I vote MSC but if I had voting power I'd do CN just because

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad