Rangers Prospect List (Summer 2021) - #10

#10 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I promise, I will not be a frequent pest about how I think our approach could be better,
I won't raise it again as we march though ~20 more guys

but this round's votes, so far, show why it bothers me

the guy who this poll will name, as representing our group's opinion of the 10th best prospect,
will likely receive less than 1/3 of all the votes cast ...

upload_2021-8-3_15-27-15.png

i don't know what is possible at this site,
but if each of us were tagging 3 names out of 6 or 8 (whether ranked or not)
I think the process might produce a result which more accurately represents the whole group's opinion

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm not really sure what the hope is for Gauthier, at this point. Yes, he has a great skill set, but he hasn't come even remotely close to putting it together. You see him skate hard to net the maybe once every other game. He has the body to dominate in the corners and bully other players, but you rarely see him do that. Almost every shift he takes he's completely invisible (other than the visibility of being a huge, gifted player who doesn't do shit).

There's some small chance that he magically puts it together, but I don't really see it as particularly likely. He doesn't do anything well enough to play in the bottom six and he doesn't produce offense--for himself or others--enough to justify a spot in the top six over our 43 other wingers.
Gauthier strikes me as the classic case of do really well against clearly inferior players and dwindle against competition

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I promise, I will not be a frequent pest about how I think our approach could be better,
I won't raise it again as we march though ~20 more guys

but this round's votes, so far, show why it bothers me

the guy who this poll will name, as representing our group's opinion of the 10th best prospect,
will likely receive less than 1/3 of all the votes cast ...

View attachment 459047

i don't know what is possible at this site,
but if each of us were tagging 3 names out of 6 or 8 (whether ranked or not)
I think the process might produce a result which more accurately represents the whole group's opinion
I know what you're saying, but even if we did it that way the results would likely be identical, or at most a player would move up or down a spot.

I'm going to remove 2 players from the polls from here on out, leaving less players for people to vote for however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad