Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
That remains to be seen. It's scheduled. But will they show up? It's ok if they don't. Take the night off, boys. Go inject money into the local economy, I can recommend several solid mexican restaurants in the area.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
6d71ef553bc1a42c56033b36de5fa3925c2d1a7d_00.gif

The boycott rolls on

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The question isn't win or lose... it's really "How intense will the embarrassment be?"

Like one of those 'go to class naked' dreams... or like asking someone how their Mom is doing the day of her funeral...

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I can't think of a single defenseman who saw a statistical increase or a significant improvement in their game coming to this team or seeing a worsening when they went to another..
Boyle Smith stralman McD girardi staal Holden yandle shatty etc etc. Like every defenseman whose played for other teams had played better with other teams....I'm not sure how management can't see this.

Edit...including guys who've played under torts...

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Though we may not want to admit it, there is a Rangers game tonight.
Let's hope the Rangers players realize there's a game or it'll be the easiest two points the Preds have had all year.

Edited to add: They can dress Fisher even if he's not ready. He could skate circles around this team and give him confidence going forward.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Glad I didn't get tickets for tonight.

Just remember the Pens were dead and going nowhere in two of their SC seasons until the coach got fired -- Therrien on 2/15 of the 2008-09 season, and Johnston on 12/12 of the 2015-16 season. I know they had firepower but coaching changes this late in the season can be far from catastrophic.

I still think they make the playoffs after cutting some vets but only if AV gets canned soon and Pavelec can steal enough games to keep Henrik fresh for his annual March surge.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Glad I didn't get tickets for tonight.

Just remember the Pens were dead and going nowhere in two of their SC seasons until the coach got fired -- Therrien on 2/15 of the 2008-09 season, and Johnston on 12/12 of the 2015-16 season. I know they had firepower but coaching changes this late in the season can be far from catastrophic.

I still think they make the playoffs after cutting some vets but only if AV gets canned soon and Pavelec can steal enough games to keep Henrik fresh for his annual March surge.
Those teams had Crosby and Malkin, we sadly have no one on that level currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->