Rangers Phone App

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Think it's part of MLBAM making everything part of the new NHL interface just like all 30 teams sites changed to the same NHL.com format.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I don't have the NHL app, so the Rangers one just opens to a "you should download the NHL app" page.

Brilliant.

Well, one less thing cluttering up my phone, I guess.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Think it's part of MLBAM making everything part of the new NHL interface just like all 30 teams sites changed to the same NHL.com format.

That's definitely it then. Just noticed that the main websites are all redone. Whatever, at least MSG specific stuff for season ticket holders made it to the NHL app. Having two was kind of redundant.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I think it is just a work around because it was crashing after IOS 10 was installed.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I did the same thing. This is all part of MLBAM taking over the digital stuff for the NHL.
If you have iOS 10, there is nothing you can do. You have to use the new NHL app.
If you have iOS 9, you can delete the app from your phone, synch with iTunes, and restore the old app file from a backup and install it that way. That's what I did and it works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad