Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Only way I'd do this is as Gardner said, sign him as a trading chip for the deadline. Even though it still kinda stains the team.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i dont like it, it would be a distraction for the team and the player,
he should go somewhere less intense

Reactions: haveandare

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Nah, pass. The team is trying to emphasize character, and while you can debate the virtues of that philosophy, it's what they're doing. Acquiring Voynov would run counter to that plan.

Beyond that, f*** that guy. I have no problem filling my fantasy teams with the shitheads of the world, but not the teams I root for in real life. I don't like bringing on these guys (Reyes/Mets sucked on a number of levels) and I'd really rather Voynov get his second chance elsewhere.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
There are always rumors we're in every FA possible, at this point I think they just use the Rangers to drive up the price.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Don't know how to properly embed tweets. Just says that an NHL spokesman confirmed that Voynov has not been reinstated.

Dated 22 hours ago.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He clearly is an asshole but I wonder why Adrian Peterson and Dany Heatley still had massive fanbases but Voynov's name is effectively dirt now.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I dont care if hes a really good dman I dont want that human piece of trash wearing a Rangers jersey also Daley just said he hasnt been cleared iirc

Reactions: Miamipuck

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Really? Please don't compare what Voynov did to what Heatley did. He's more than just an "*******".

Voynov beat up his wife, badly.

Heatley committed manslaughter.

Your judgement is askew.
gif

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Voynov beat up his wife, badly.

Heatley committed manslaughter.

Your judgement is askew.
gif

Manslaughter, by definition, is not done with intent. Heatley and Snyder both made a very stupid decision that ended tragically.

If Voynov's girlfriend had died from her injuries, it would of been murder.

Heatley was also devestated, and he continually reached out to Snyder's family, and that got people on his side a little more over time. Aside from some cliche answers to cliche questions, Voynov hasn't appeared to be frought with guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad