Speculation: Rangers Official Website....

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
It used to be nyrangers.com back in the day I believe, then it became rangers.nhl.com, and now the official URL is nhl.com/rangers. I know I'm getting a little nerdy here, but what is up with that, the NHL has been taking power away from the Rangers to have full control and rights to their own website over all these years? And it's the same with every team. Is is this a good thing? I don't see how, sounds like monopolization and greed, and heading in the direction of the NFL and the undesirable spectacle that it has become.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the nhl took control of the site years ago when it became rangers.nhl.com. dolan tried to fight it and lost. the league controls every teams sites

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Been like this for a longgg time. I never go on the brutal site aside from getting to my season tickets

Last edited:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
same with apps and stuff. they used to have nyr app but everything is now incoporated under the NHL app with the terrible functions and followed and favorite teams. The only way for a genuine fan experience nowadays is to read bermeisters's trade proposals.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
same with apps and stuff. they used to have nyr app but everything is now incoporated under the NHL app with the terrible functions and followed and favorite teams. The only way for a genuine fan experience nowadays is to read bermeisters's trade proposals.

Thanks!
I've got to turn that into a signature or something if you don't mind being quoted. [I'll just edit to correct name spelling (there is an 'n' in bernmeister).]

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems pretty unimportant. The League wants to standardize everything which helps them market the websites as a whole.

Reactions: silverfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->