Rangers October schedule

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
CvotYEK.jpg

What is it with these first two weeks? Long breaks because...? If MSG is otherwise occupied, seems strange that they couldn't even get away trips for that slot.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
10 games/month - every NHL team should have such a shedule. 8 months for the regular, then 2 months for the playoffs, then 6 weeks without hockey, preseason and a new season. Would be great.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Hawks just had a week off too. It’s not all bad At least you guys get to have a lot of full practices to get up to speed vs teams with heavy travel

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
In contrast, here’s the Sabres schedule:

C9A780A2-81C1-45D7-AFBC-CEFE37775028.jpeg

There are pros and cons to both, but as a fan, those breaks in the Rangers schedule are brutal.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
10 games/month - every NHL team should have such a shedule. 8 months for the regular, then 2 months for the playoffs, then 6 weeks without hockey, preseason and a new season. Would be great.
6 weeks to try and recover after a long season? Not a chance

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
For the Leafs, I think they are on the back side of back 2 backs when they play every divisional team going forward for a few months. Kind of sucks but every fan thinks the schedule is screwing them.

Reactions: Lilou

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
CvotYEK.jpg

What is it with these first two weeks? Long breaks because...? If MSG is otherwise occupied, seems strange that they couldn't even get away trips for that slot.

If I had to guess, I'd think MSG had some last minute conflicts when the schedule was nearly drawn up as it pretty much looks like they just had to take the white-out to three games over the first two weeks. So many moving parts in an NHL schedule that I'm amazed it's possible at all.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
1 game in 11 days at the start of the season? " Well MY team has tons of back 2 backs!". That's annoying, but that means that team will have more rest time as injuries mount and the players get tired from the long season. OTOH for the Rangers, and Hawks to an extent, resting up is pretty useless now. Practice is great to get up to speed early in the season, but only so much of it is useful before diminishing returns. It becomes rote, repetitive and boring. Sure, every fan base assumes the schedule is screwing them, but in reality only a few teams per year get the short end. This year it's the Ranger's turn I guess.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The point is it being in the beginning of the season. Weird post.

Ok, fine. I was just pointing out that during the beginning of the season it's more noticeable then if it was in the middle. There is nothing strange about it. Schedules are quirky because of how difficult it is to actually create one.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Is this stretch even our "bye week". Wud be ridiculous if we still had another week of no hockey later in the season.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
The Rangers also got totally screwed in the playoffs several years back against the Pens.

It was something obscene like 5 in 7 nights- 6 in 9???

Regardless, that destroyed them.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would think having a lot of home games in the first two weeks of the season would be beneficial because the Knicks aren’t playing yet. I guess they have concerts or something but yeah that schedule is weird.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They should use this time off to fix that horrendous ice they have at MSG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->