3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
tony obviously loves to be the wise guy. thats his comfort zone.

his use of twitter to bust on the analytics folks is made sweeter by the reactions he gets. this in turn makes tony bust chops even more.

dont think for a second that these guys dont read stuff online and certainly on SM. i wouldnt be surprised if they dont lurk on this site for laughs. i think they do.

loved his tweet after he signed. "nyr fans, we good now" ? lol

this kinda stuff by tony makes me like his gusto even more. dudes a smartass and i love it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You rather he use Twitter as an outlet or an actual physical hockey venue to vent?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I still dont understand why people got their panties in a bunch over what he said. People need to grow up and stop being hurt over every stupid thing.
imoffended-memecrunch-com-im-offended-51619536.png

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Why?

What about his game is so bad? I don't get the antipathy here.

Questionable effort level
Inconsistent production
Body language
Decision making
Lack of physicality
Puts teammates in bad spots with passes
Intangibles/chemistry (does not fit in)

Is that enough?

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I agree on everything except Trouba. He is a positive surprise to me. I think he is strong mentally and a leader on the ice. His physical game. One of my favorites on this team. They get the hard minutes and our team have been destroyed during those for a long time.

*Howden should stay on the wing. LW. He is by far playing his best hockey there. He and Lemieux can together replace Kreider.

*I am far from the biggest Strome supporter. But he is playing better and better.

I still have my reservations, but..

Howden and Lemieux replacing Kreider? Hahahaha

Reactions: jas

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Is it really 4 years? Buchnevich has never played this well as an all-around player until late this year under Quinn. And besides, if he can maintain these types of impacts while scoring 45-55 points, he'll still be better than he was under AV when he was scoring 40-45 points. I still see similar offensive outputs with improved on-ice impacts as a positive development for him. I don't think he's getting enough credit for just how good he's been defensively lately. We never used to praise Buch for making good defensive plays.

It's been 4 years.

I guess management will have to decide what they want to pay for a 45 point player.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
If by chance the Carolina/Toronto one-two punch continues into a Western Canada run, we can look back on the offsides review to keep the Canes game 2-1. Massive turning point. GWG-worthy for Dineen...

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This one is on Dave Quinn in my book. Buch was playing just fine and then DQ starts attacking him for no reason.

It's AV's fault.

It's DQ's fault.

When does a player become responsible for himself?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's been 4 years.

I guess management will have to decide what they want to pay for a 45 point player.
The point that I was trying to make is that I don't think lumping Buch's entire NHL career together is a good way to look at the progress he's made. Yes, he's a 45 point player, but he's been much improved on both sides of the puck. He's playing much more like a guy that's a 55-65 point player, and that's someone I'm more than willing to buy on moving forward. I still wish we got him for more than 2 years.

Reactions: kovazub94

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
pavel is a player i dont worry much about.

give me 50-55 points per season and im very happy.

he continues to make me believe theres alot more there and unlike kreider, i think buch has another level of production in him.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
pavel is a player i dont worry much about.

give me 50-55 points per season and im very happy.

he continues to make me believe theres alot more there and unlike kreider, i think buch has another level of production in him.
I dont think Buch will touch 50pts without PP1 time. That's not happening on this team.

edit- I mean on a consistent basis. He's been very good on the forecheck but is flubbing a lot of opportunities.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrhockey193195

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I dont think Buch will touch 50pts without PP1 time. That's not happening on this team.

hes a lefty. he should have a PP2 spot. 50 points should not be out of the question.

thats right where he should be.

quinn knows this too. and i agree, he will need PP time to score.

then again, isnt that true for all offensive players ?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Whatever has gotten into Kreider the past 3 weeks...we need to bottle it cause this run of his is about as good as he's ever been in his career here from what I've seen of him. This Kreider will no doubt net us a #1 pick and a Lemieux type caliber player.

We just have to hope and pray that at the deadline he's playing like this cause I'd bet there at least half dozen teams who'd give up whatever is necessary to get him for their playoff runs as he'd be a great addition to any of those clubs for sure.

Thing is, this current Kreider is someone I'd want to keep but we all know we aren't going to pay him what he wants. I may be on an island here as alot of peeps in here are always bitching and moaning about him but I for one am going to miss him when he leaves as despite his inconsistency and his maddeningly frustrating tendency to not show up at times , his combination of speed, power, physicality and skill set is quite rare and it will be missed no question.

Oh well...I'm prepared for his departure but in the meantime while Kreider is still here, I am ecstatic that at the very least he's showing some damn pride lately and playing as good as I've ever seen him...hopefully he keeps it up!!...:nod:

Deleted member 23124

Whatever has gotten into Kreider the past 3 weeks...we need to bottle it cause this run of his is about as good as he's ever been in his career here from what I've seen of him. This Kreider will no doubt net us a #1 pick and a Lemieux type caliber player.

We just have to hope and pray that at the deadline he's playing like this cause I'd bet there at least half dozen teams who'd give up whatever is necessary to get him for their playoff runs as he'd be a great addition to any of those clubs for sure.

Thing is, this current Kreider is someone I'd want to keep but we all know we aren't going to pay him what he wants. I may be on an island here as alot of peeps in here are always *****ing and moaning about him but I for one am going to miss him when he leaves as despite his inconsistency and his maddeningly frustrating tendency to not show up at times , his combination of speed, power, physicality and skill set is quite rare and it will be missed no question.

Oh well...I'm prepared for his departure but in the meantime while Kreider is still here, I am ecstatic that at the very least he's showing some damn pride lately and playing as good as I've ever seen him...hopefully he keeps it up!!...:nod:
I noticed it too and couldn't help but think how similar this is to the Zucc situation last year. Personally, I'm hoping this "spurt" continues until the TDL passes because I don't see this surge continuing to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->