Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
To quote Neo from the matrix with Kreider not bringing back a first. “How about I give you the finger and you give me my first round pick.”

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Zach Sanford, 2nd rounder + Conditional 3rd...
Sounds about right.

Zach Sanford, 2nd rounder + Conditional 3rd..(turns into 1st if they make conf. finals/resigns)

Marcus Johansson (F)for2019 second-round pick, 2020 fourth-round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Gustav Nyquist (F)for2019 second-round pick, 2020 conditional third-round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mats Zuccarello (F)for2019 conditional second-round pick, 2020 conditional third-round pic
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Charlie Coyle (F)forRyan Donato (F), 2019 conditional fifth-round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Hayes got 7, can't imagine Kreider taking less than that on a deal which will be his last big contract and I don't think the Rangers should pay that kind of money.

Trade him while his value is highest.

Already too late for that - but take the highest offer.

Reactions: Pi

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Andreas Johnsson, Jeremy Bracco, 2021 2nd for Kreider (50%) and Georgiev.

Not bad. Very close in my opinion. I think the Rangers balk unless they get a 1st instead of a 2nd, but this is probably the most realistic deal I've seen yet that makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
take him away from panarin, see how he does. more of a grinder now

Dude he's played on the same team as Panarin for like 3 months and played the rest of his career without him. This season looks like a Chris Kreider season. This whole "guy isn't good because of his linemates" thing is ****ing stupid. It's infecting every thread. These two don't even play together.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I hope Boston or Tampa doesn't trade for him.

Especially Boston, he'd slot in perfectly on their 2nd line.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
kreider trade value has diminished, rangs held on to him too long should of got a 1st round pick for him last year, now probably only worth a 2nd or 3rd pick.

take him away from panarin, see how he does. more of a grinder now

This has got to be some sort of joke account. No one can be this dumb.

Panarin is the best player in the NHL. He makes players he doesn't even play with better. Did it even make sense in your head to say one LW makes another LW better?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Hayes is a center, Krieder isn't. Not a great comparable. With that said he plays a type of game that GMs covet and I can see a 1st coming back. Evander Kane trade might be a decent comparable and he returned a conditional 1st if he re-signed.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
im guessing rangers are talking extension to see what he wants, krieder isn't that old and if he is willing to come back on a decent 3-4 year contract I wouldn't be surprised if rangers extend him

that being said if he wants term or a higher cap hit than the rangers are comfortable with, it helps the rangers and other teams at the deadline to see if krieder is a rental or not

bingo
6.2 x 5
or
6.75 for 4 only

should keep unless overpayment, then hope he comes back

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
God, I would love Krieder on the Leafs.

Him beside Tavares and Nylander would be perfect really.

But our need is more on Defense haha

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What's so confusing?

You talk about an extension. Either there's little interest on the player part. Or the team is offering too low a number. It seems like they won't be able to agree on an extension both sides are happy with. That then makes it expected he would be traded.

What is being ignored is they STILL aren't w/adequate cap to finalize a deal.
Only now that they unloaded Namest do they even have any hope of elbow room down on that cap atm.

Had they made cap earlier, they would have signed CK by now.

For the umpteenth time, in the name of all that is holy, move Skjei's 5.25.
You'll see how fast Kreider is extended.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
If Hayes got 7, can't imagine Kreider taking less than that on a deal which will be his last big contract and I don't think the Rangers should pay that kind of money.

Trade him while his value is highest.

Hopefully he learns to play center in the next few months then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->