Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
There’s a massive difference when you add a teams best prospect on top of those.

How many UFA’s bring that back?

and in Bostons Café they really need to find that 2nd line W, longterm solution which adds more value to the condition

That's fair, but that's why I think if there is a deal to be made, it's either something like Studnicka and a conditional #2 that's becomes a #1 if Boston wins it all or Lauko and an unconditional #1 with possibly a player like Fredric added depending on retention.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's fair, but that's why I think if there is a deal to be made, it's either something like Studnicka and a conditional #2 that's becomes a #1 if Boston wins it all or Lauko and an unconditional #1 with possibly a player like Fredric added depending on retention.

There’s no way Boston can trade Stud for a winger rental.
It’s straight up setting them for cap hell and/or rebuild in few years time

The base from Boston would be something of 1st+ Trent which is top dollar for top rental player.

Reactions: Scruffy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's definitely not top dollar. The Hayes trade was better and Hayes wasnt even the top rental.

It was not far off from Hayes, and I said base.
Hayes was a C with 42 points in 51 games. Kreider is a winger with 42 in 56.

How often do teams move their best prospects on february, and how often do they move them with cond 1st’s added?
Stone is far better than Kreider and got top prospect +2nd

Now some here want top prospect+ 2 cond 1st’s

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Confess I did not read every post this thread, but think there is one angle not yet discussed.

IMO, we should keep Kreider at 6.2 -- an acceptable # -- for 5 yrs instead of 7 or 8, 7 being conventional wisdom, No certainty but to remain comfy in NY with Zib and emerging, rebounding team, I think he goes there.

The separate $64,000 ? is whether or not he is cool with us pimping his ass out for half a season.
If he is uncomfortable with that, then let it go.
But if he more than gives a wink and tells GMJG discreetly that he understands the team would be helped by shipping him out for the balance of this season, and so he gives his blessing, and he will/would be inclined to return to NY, then, depending on the rental swag, that is all worth considering.

We've mostly covered that.

Now for the new part.
Not just trading him for highest return, but for best offer to best location that best suggests/supports his return to NYR.

So that means a team with cap issues less likely to afford him beyond this season.

TB fits, but they don't wanna pay, so buh bye.

St. Louis fits.
Now the question is what is a wince but doable for the Blues, but enuf for the Broadway Blueshirts?

I would take Kyrou as a solid down payment, + a conditional 1st.
If Blues win the Cup OR if Kreider does not resign with NYR then St. Louis 2020 1st to NYR.

Blues would be hard to beat with Kreider, and if SC was realized, then the premium add would be a worthwhile surrender.
Blues would not be expecting to afford, thus resign Kreider, and odds are good he would return to NY.

I think that is a win win compromise that serves everyone in the long run.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Confess I did not read every post this thread, but think there is one angle not yet discussed.

IMO, we should keep Kreider at 6.2 -- an acceptable # -- for 5 yrs instead of 7 or 8, 7 being conventional wisdom, No certainty but to remain comfy in NY with Zib and emerging, rebounding team, I think he goes there.

The separate $64,000 ? is whether or not he is cool with us pimping his ass out for half a season.
But if he more than gives a wink and tells GMJG discreetly that he understands the team would be helped by shipping him out for the balance of this season, and so he gives his blessing, and he will/would be inclined to return to NY, then, depending on the rental swag, that is all worth considering.

Now for the new part.
Not just trading him for highest return, but for best offer to best location that best suggests/supports his return to NYR.

So that means a team with cap issues less likely to afford him beyond this season.

St. Louis fits.
Now the question is what is a wince but doable for the Blues, but enuf for the Broadway Blueshirts?

If Blues win the Cup OR if Kreider does not resign with NYR then St. Louis 2020 1st to NYR.

Blues would be hard to beat with Kreider, and if SC was realized, then the premium add would be a worthwhile surrender.
Blues would not be expecting to afford, thus resign Kreider, and odds are good he would return to NY.

Rangers need a big body to replace Kreider. Rather have Kostin over Kyrou. Kravtsov and Kostin have chemistry from the WJC days.

Reactions: egelband

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Now for the new part.

St. Louis fits.

Blues are not having issues scoring, we're having issues keeping the puck out of our net. Add Sanfords play.....the desire to add a forward had diminished. I'd be suprised if Stl was heavily pursuing Kreider. Still though...they weren't willing to give up Kyrou or Kostin in the Orielly trade, so chances are still slim either would be available for lesser player and rental.

Reactions: bernmeister

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

Why would Kreider sign for less money and less years? Generally dollars increase if duration decreases.
I don't like the condition of a SCF win. I'd rather go for a ECF/WCF win on that cond. 1st.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Blues are not having issues scoring, we're having issues keeping the puck out of our net. Add Sanfords play.....the desire to add a forward had diminished. I'd be suprised if Stl was heavily pursuing Kreider. Still though...they weren't willing to give up Kyrou or Kostin in the Orielly trade, so chances are still slim either would be available for lesser player and rental.

Any interest in DeAngelo?
Not cheap but a build move.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would Kreider sign for less money and less years? Generally dollars increase if duration decreases.
I don't like the condition of a SCF win. I'd rather go for a ECF/WCF win on that cond. 1st.

The $ is not much less at 6.2 opposed to a projected 7. It is the 2 yrs dif.
However, there are other things besides $ while he is playing, and post playing, he earns goodwill for post career gig w/NYR.

He's a smart guy. Understands it's a hard cap league. Likely wants to stay w/Mika. Comfy here in NY. Earn fan good will, make big $ in endorsements post career.

Sure I'd prefer better condition for NY or no condition at all. Trying to be reasonable on the other side balancing they give up a higher end prospect.

And remember Blues don't really need to do this deal to still have a good chance to win cup. It would be an indulgence trying to ensure overpowering opposition and insurance vs injury. So some meeting in the middle here, unlike other Kreider suitors, where we can dictate terms,

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Thinking that Kreider might cost too much and the Bruins can sign him in July without giving up any assets if he wants to play in Boston.
Toffoli for a 2nd round pick is likely a better option for the Bruins.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The $ is not much less at 6.2 opposed to a projected 7. It is the 2 yrs dif.
However, there are other things besides $ while he is playing, and post playing, he earns goodwill for post career gig w/NYR.

He's a smart guy. Understands it's a hard cap league. Likely wants to stay w/Mika. Comfy here in NY. Earn fan good will, make big $ in endorsements post career.

Sure I'd prefer better condition for NY or no condition at all. Trying to be reasonable on the other side balancing they give up a higher end prospect.

And remember Blues don't really need to do this deal to still have a good chance to win cup. It would be an indulgence trying to ensure overpowering opposition and insurance vs injury. So some meeting in the middle here, unlike other Kreider suitors, where we can dictate terms,

I wouldn't be against NYR resigning him as a UFA for a reasonable term/contract but I think after Hayes got 7X7, Kreider is going to get at least that. But, I do think we should sell him off as a rental first and foremost.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
2 cond 1sts+ Stud=

You do know Kreider is UFA?
You do know the 2 potential 1st don't happen unless you reach the finals, and sign him. But sure, keep pointing out the UFA part to be dramatic.

Don't like the trade, fine, but please stop calling it 3 first for a UFA, because when you break it down, that's not the deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You do know the 2 potential 1st don't happen unless you reach the finals, and sign him. But sure, keep pointing out the UFA part to be dramatic.

Don't like the trade, fine, but please stop calling it 3 first for a UFA, because when you break it down, that's not the deal.

How difficult it is to read ”potentially”

Superior Stone got nothing close to that

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I want the Bruins to offer Heinen and the 1st (perhaps they have and it didn't work) for Kreider and then sign a multi year extension.

Kreider is the missing piece. He provides everything the Bruins have needed for a half decade on Krejci's wing.

I'm a Bruins fan but think The Rangers will get more than that for him. Not exactly because he's worth more but because there'll be multiple teams very interested.
edit: I disagreed with myself the second after typing this.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Thinking that Kreider might cost too much and the Bruins can sign him in July without giving up any assets if he wants to play in Boston.
I agree, his excellent play of late raises his value and he may well have priced himself out of range for a lot of teams. Toffoli is the better option now for the Bruins and they could add another guy with the savings

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have to agree with you this might be the way the Bruins will go ,Tofoli is not my first choice, but the market for Kreider is out of line, but if I am the Rangers take advantage of it.........my personal choice to solve the Bruins RW problem would be to look at a Mantha, Virtanen,or Josh Anderson young with size and ability and maybe more cost effective.......

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Now for the new part.

St. Louis fits.

Don’t you ever get tired of saying every single expiring contract will come back to sign with the Rangers?

You literally did the exact same novel-long posts about Hayes last year and how he had a handshake agreement with the Rangers to return.

Let it go, man. It’s painful to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->