Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
rushing to get that “winning mentality” at the expense of the rebuild isn’t going to lead to much winning when it matters most.

I guess that mentality has worked out great for the Sabres and Islanders. How long have the Islanders been losing before developing a winning culture?

The Rangers aren’t rushing to get the winning mentality. That would be true if they traded youth or draft picks for a chance for winning.

The Rangers aren’t tanking. Their future isn’t impacted greatly if they decide to hold onto Kreider instead of trading.

What will impact the Rangers future is seeing how Igor, Buchnevich, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Lemieux, Fox, ADA, Miller, Howden, Hajek, Anderson, and Rykov develop.

Not to mention still having guys like Panarin, Zibs, and Trouba still playing at a solid level.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I guess that mentality has worked out great for the Sabres and Islanders. How long have the Islanders been losing before developing a winning culture?

The Rangers aren’t rushing to get the winning mentality. That would be true if they traded youth or draft picks for a chance for winning.

The Rangers aren’t tanking. Their future isn’t impacted greatly if they decide to hold onto Kreider instead of trading.

What will impact the Rangers future is seeing how Igor, Buchnevich, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Lemieux, Fox, ADA, Miller, Howden, Hajek, Anderson, and Rykov develop.

Not to mention still having guys like Panarin, Zibs, and Trouba still playing at a solid level.
The Sabres and Islanders have bad management. Not comparable.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Well you are a fan not the GM so we will see! He might feel differently since it's a 1st and a player that will help a 3rd line.

I want Kreider in Boston and I hope ours does agree.
Ahh yes, the classic “Well you’re not the GM because you don’t agree with what I want to give up for a player who would help us incredibly!” Retort. The Rangers have plenty of 3rd liners and prospects who could be 3rd liners. We don’t need another one.

If you want him, pony up. You’re not the only team in the mix and he’s the best player available in a sellers market. We could also just re-sign him.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
A middle six two way winger AND a 1st?

Heinen doesn't play a style I want by any means but that does not mean he is a bad asset and on top of a 1st I think that is quite enough.

How about Studnicka and Frederic? Studnicka likely won’t get many minutes on this Bruins roster anytime soon while the Bruins always have a Frederic looming

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Ahh yes, the classic “Well you’re not the GM because you don’t agree with what I want to give up for a player who would help us incredibly!” Retort. The Rangers have plenty of 3rd liners and prospects who could be 3rd liners. We don’t need another one.

If you want him, pony up. You’re not the only team in the mix and he’s the best player available in a sellers market. We could also just re-sign him.

You've not given an example of what you want in return. Kreider very well may be the only rental to return a 1st which is a nice starting point no doubt.

What type of prospect are you envisioning another team will offer in addition to a 1st round pick? A prospect that will be a better player than Heinen?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
How about Studnicka and Frederic? Studnicka likely won’t get many minutes on this Bruins roster anytime soon while the Bruins always have a Frederic looming

I don't think the Bruins will add either into a 1st for a rental this season. A pre-negotiated extension, who knows?

Frederic is developing into a Bruins type power forward who will fight so I do not think so, and Studnicka is the only top 6 potential center prospect the Bruins have.

I imagine it depends on how 'all in' the Bruins are willing to go.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don't think the Bruins will add either into a 1st for a rental this season. A pre-negotiated extension, who knows?

Frederic is developing into a Bruins type power forward who will fight so I do not think so, and Studnicka is the only top 6 potential center prospect the Bruins have.

what if the Bruins are planning on resigning him? I would think wherever he goes is for ownership long term rather than rental.

I’d rather see him in St Louis or Colorado than Boston long term

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

I don't think a straight 1st and Studnicka are fair asks for Kreider.

How about
Kreider (50% retained)

For

Studnicka
Conditional 2020 2nd (becomes a 1st if Boston reaches the cup)
Conditional 2021 3rd (becomes a 1st if Kreider resigns.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
what if the Bruins are planning on resigning him? I would think wherever he goes is for ownership long term rather than rental.

I’d rather see him in St Louis or Colorado than Boston long term

I think the Caps and Stars will be calling also.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't think a straight 1st and Studnicka are fair asks for Kreider.

How about
Kreider (50% retained)

For

Studnicka
Conditional 2020 2nd (becomes a 1st if Boston reaches the cup)
Conditional 2021 3rd (becomes a 1st if Kreider resigns.

I can't speak with any type of authority but if I were GM I would leave out the final conditional... who knows.

I do know Studnicka is a top prospect and I think for him to move in the first place I think Kreider would have an extension in place at the time of the trade.

There is real potential for Kreider to be the missing piece and I think it's the only true option for the Bruins. There are plenty of other rumored players but they are less exciting.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Careful what you wish for.
How about Kreider straight up for Willie N?

I mean, as a Rangers fan I'd certainly take that. My offer was the same thing as the Toronto one though: 2 Bottom 6 Fs and a Bottom 4 Dman for a Top pairing Dman and a Top 6 winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->