Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Also, another point on Grzelcyk, right now the Rangers (without trades), have 4 Dmen virtually guaranteed to be back next season. 3 are RHD (Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox), one is a LHD (Skjei). The Rangers have 1 who is highly likely to be back, a LHD (Ryan Lindgren). The Rangers have 2 who are likely to be back short of a buyout or trade, both LHDs (Smith & Staal). The Rangers have at least 2 LHD prospects knocking on the door (Rykov & Hajek).

Unless Staal or Smith are traded or bought out, there's Just. Not. Space.

EDIT: There are also at least 2 RHDs that could make a roster push (Nils Lundkvist & Joey Keane) next season, and K'Andre Miller in another year or so
So basically we need another D back in a trade

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
The Athletic has the Islanders as one of 3 teams on Kreider.

What would that trade look like?

No rental garbage..would have to be a signed Kreider or agreement to re sign after trade.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I soured on wahlstrom. Maybe he developed into great player for them, but i'm a little skeptical now. If Kreider was agreeing to an extension, the offer would be more than what we're looking for now. Instead of 1st + real good prospect/young roster player ready to take on a bigger opportunity/change of scenery player, it would be 1st, + #1/2 prospect in your organization, (assuming they're aren't recent top 5 draft picks - we're not getting a Bowen Byram, Turcotte, or Kotkaniemi)

It would be hard to pull the trigger on 1st, + Wahlstrom and see Kreider signed 7 years with Islanders. Although I can only imagine how good Wahlstome would be with Panarin feeding him the pass. I mean, IT HAS TO BE BETTER THAN FAST FUMBLING EVERY PASS!!

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

No rental garbage..would have to be a signed Kreider or agreement to re sign after trade.
If Kreider doesn’t resign with Rangers he’s not signing till he sees what Bruins have to say July 1 unless they get him

His parents house is a 20 minute drive down route to TD Garden and he his agent and family are well aware the Bruins are on his radar

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I cant see Kreider signing with Isles, he will have choices and would likely avoid the drama

Not a dig at Isles, the improvement under Lou, Trotz is admirable.

Just a scenario i believe he would avoid if he has comparable offers that met his criteria

Reactions: egelband

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
He'd be almost too ideal on the Isles, but the Isles and Rangers "can't" trade... Won't happen.

Isles have not given up on Wahlstrom, btw. Lou is seasoning him.

The price for the Isles to get him is higher than literally anyone else. It's the kind of move that could have fans turning on him on a dime.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I wouldn’t take what Carpiniello says too seriously. He’s a bad journalist and rarely has any sources.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Forget the Islanders. There has never been a significant player traded between the Rangers and Islanders.

Reactions: haveandare

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Forget the Islanders. There has never been a significant player traded between the Rangers and Islanders.

And that doesn't even consider that greasy Lou is at the helm, who refuses to deal with the Rangers (at least as Devils GM, can't see why this would change as Islanders GM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad