Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Except he's not a free gift in this case, he'd be part of the trade return for Kreider. And it's highly unlikely he'd be targeted by the Rangers, for reasons I posted and you ignored

So you are expecting 3 1st's for him?

The offer had 1st+ one of Bostons top prospects (C prospect) which on it's own is top UFA price.

How many teams are lining up to pay 2 straight up 1st's for Kreider, or 2 1st's+?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
So you are expecting 3 1st's for him?

The offer had 1st+ one of Bostons top prospects (C prospect) which on it's own is high price for UFA.

How many teams are lining up to pay 2 straight up 1st's for Kreider, or 2 1st's+?

Where do you keep getting this 3 1st's thing? I sure as shit haven't said anything about 3 1sts. It's almost like you're making things up because you don't have an actual point.

Reactions: egelband and Kupo

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Also, another point on Grzelcyk, right now the Rangers (without trades), have 4 Dmen virtually guaranteed to be back next season. 3 are RHD (Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox), one is a LHD (Skjei). The Rangers have 1 who is highly likely to be back, a LHD (Ryan Lindgren). The Rangers have 2 who are likely to be back short of a buyout or trade, both LHDs (Smith & Staal). The Rangers have at least 2 LHD prospects knocking on the door (Rykov & Hajek).

Unless Staal or Smith are traded or bought out, there's Just. Not. Space.

EDIT: There are also at least 2 RHDs that could make a roster push (Nils Lundkvist & Joey Keane) next season, and K'Andre Miller in another year or so

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Where do you keep getting this 3 1st's thing? I sure as **** haven't said anything about 3 1sts. It's almost like you're making things up because you don't have an actual point.

Well clearly your guys are asking equal value to atleast 2 1st rounders here.

You got 0 for Zuccarello, expect a 1st+ for Kreider but let’s not get completely crazy

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

You got 0 for Zuccarello, expect a 1st+ for Kreider but let’s not get completely crazy

Okay, it's clear you're either not understanding a word I'm saying, or flat out ignoring it. At this point, there's no reason for me to continue this discussion. Enjoy your delusions, friend.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Okay, it's clear you're either not understanding a word I'm saying, or flat out ignoring it. At this point, there's no reason for me to continue this discussion. Enjoy your delusions, friend.

How aren’t Rangers fans asking here equal to 2 1st rounders here?

1st+ top prospect, no to 1st+ top 3/4 prospect on the team+ young D-man.

Sure you’ve said no space, but for some reason love to ignore other trade possibilities.

Zucc got you 2nd+ 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: King 88

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Our GM made a mistake with the Zucc trade, but it came fairly close to working which would have resulted in 2 1st rounders or at least 1 and either 3rd or 2nd round pick. I hope he learned his lesson and stops doing these gamble trades.

Reactions: AndyW

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
How aren’t Rangers fans asking here equal to 2 1st rounders here?

1st+ top prospect, no to 1st+ top 3/4 prospect on the team+ young D-man.

Sure you’ve said no space, but for some reason love to ignore other trade possibilities.

Zucc got you 2nd+ 3rd.

With 2 conditions to turn them into 2 first round picks.

Kreider is going to fetch a 1st and top prospect. He is the prize of the deadline.

Reactions: egelband

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
We’ll see soon enough.

I’m not saying he won’t return a 1st, though I think it’s far from guaranteed. Teams are increasingly unwilling to give up 1sts for rentals, but somebody always cracks under pressure and overpays at the deadline. But I’ll be shocked if anyone gives up a top prospect, much less in addition to a 1st.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With 2 conditions to turn them into 2 first round picks.

Kreider is going to fetch a 1st and top prospect. He is the prize of the deadline.

Yeah and ended up with 2nd+3rd, nowhere near 2 straight up 1sts.

1st + good prospect is what I can see Kreider getting, not any of the untouchable prospects on top of 1st

Reactions: King 88

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I wasn't offering him.
I'd be damm mad at Sweeney if he was offering the proposed package.

You weren’t, but you were selling him hard. Why even bother if that’s the case?

The offer had 1st+ Frederic+ Grzelcyk, how much do you exactly expect for UFA Kreider, 3 1st's?

It’s been explained several times in detail what the Rangers would most likely be looking for in a Kreider trade. I’m not explaining it again because you either can’t comprehend or refuse to read. Go read my other posts as well as other Ranger fans who have responded to you.

Boston went to finals last Yea and if someone offered a young controlled top4 as a free trade chip of course I'd take him.
You know other trades are allowed.

Except he’s 26 and an impending RFA that’s going to require a significant raise, which doesn’t work for the Rangers right now.

Also, I do know that other trades are allowed. Instead of replying with snark, why don’t you practice what you preach and make an offer then.

EDIT: It’s also been explained to you that the rangers have immense organizational depth on defense, but you continue to push Grzelcyk. When this was explained to you, it should have told you to offer something different. Maybe if you would have done that, you wouldn’t have had to respond with “HoW mUcH dO yOu ExPeCt FoR kReIdEr, 3 1sTs?”

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You weren’t, but you were selling him hard. Why even bother if that’s the case?

It’s been explained several times in detail what the Rangers would most likely be looking for in a Kreider trade. I’m not explaining it again because you either can’t comprehend or refuse to read. Go read my other posts as well as other Ranger fans who have responded to you.

Except he’s 26 and an impending RFA that’s going to require a significant raise, which doesn’t work for the Rangers right now.

Also, I do know that other trades are allowed. Instead of replying with snark, why don’t you practice what you preach and make an offer then.

EDIT: It’s also been explained to you that the rangers have immense organizational depth on defense, but you continue to push Grzelcyk. When this was explained to you, it should have told you to offer something different. Maybe if you would have done that, you wouldn’t have had to respond with “HoW mUcH dO yOu ExPeCt FoR kReIdEr, 3 1sTs?”

I'm not selling Grzelcy, I have zero .....ng need to see the original proposed trade to happen.
I'm arguin against crazy valuation here.

If Boston trades for Kreider it's going to be in the range of 1st+ Trent Frederic, top tier UFA price for Top UFA, 1st+ Trent+ Grzecyk is a huge overpayment for UFA.

If you get a gift you take it and make the best out of it, not keep breaching about the insane depth on defense.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not selling Grzelcy, I have zero .....ng need to see the original proposed trade to happen.
I'm arguin against crazy valuation here.

If Boston trades for Kreider it's going to be in the range of 1st+ Trent Frederic, top tier UFA price for Top UFA, 1st+ Trent+ Grzecyk is a huge overpayment for UFA.

If you get a gift you take it and make the best out of it, not keep breaching about the insane depth on defense.

Whats with pushing Grzecyk into this proposal? Rangers in all likelihood have no interest in him.
I remember hearing weeks ago about a rumored proposal of a 2020 1st, Heinen and Fredric for Kreider which seems more realistic as far as both teams' needs.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Gryzclek is a fine enough player, but we're already at our quota for players with hard to spell names.

We're just not really in the market for a player like him, though, unless we're giving one of our LD back. We're pretty sure you don't want Staal, we're thinking the trade changes if you're looking at Skjei, and I'm not thinking Lindgren moves. We've got depth there in the system; it's just not a fit.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Whats with pushing Grzecyk into this proposal? Rangers in all likelihood have no interest in him.
I remember hearing weeks ago about a rumored proposal of a 2020 1st, Heinen and Fredric for Kreider which seems more realistic as far as both teams' needs.

I don’t know, I’m not trading him to Rangers as an extra, just defending how stupid it would be by Boston, and Rangers saying no.

For Kreider to make sense to Boston they’d need to move Backes and you have to ask with some of these prices is Kreider good enough to kill your future for.
No.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's the most appealing basket to put them in. Getting assets we can use to further stock the farm OR trade for a good roster player (Trouba, Fox, Zucker are all very recent examples of this) and possibly resign Kreider to a reasonable deal is the best case scenario. Kreider has months left before he can explore free agency, I don't see any way he doesn't at least explore the market on July 1st after already getting this close.
You're mixing what we should be trying to do and what we could potential do if Kreider wants to re-sign. I don't disagree that we should try and get some assets right now, and if we still can fit Kreider in somehow after July, with the deal being right for both parties, we should attempt to re-sign him. But the the idea of just trading a player and thinking we can just re-sign him hardly ever works out and shouldn't be something we're counting on. As you said, it's just a possibility.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sounds like you aren't.

You don't think you could turn around and get a 2nd for Grzelcyk from a playoff team?
You see the.... that gets traded every year, Grzelcyk is a pretty damm good cheap quality depth blue line addition.
So a late first, a late second, and Frederic. I'd rather get a 1st and a prospect close to making our team. The 2nd doesn't need to be a piece in this trade. We need players who are ready to make that jump, or players who can find success playing a bigger role than what they're currently getting.

Frederic isn't what I am looking for. I'm aware AHL production doesn't always translate to NHL, but there's just something concerning with him as the main prospect. I'm not looking for a potential 3c. I don't need another Boyle who can control the game with his size down the middle. (No, I am not comparing his skill to Boyle). I'm looking for a great skater who has potential to be a top 6 winger if that ceiling is reached. That's more important to me than the 1st.

This has nothing to do with Grzelcyk.

Last edited:

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
You're mixing what we should be trying to do and what we could potential do if Kreider wants to re-sign. I don't disagree that we should try and get some assets right now, and if we still can fit Kreider in somehow after July, with the deal being right for both parties, we should attempt to re-sign him. But the the idea of just trading a player and thinking we can just re-sign him hardly ever works out and shouldn't be something we're counting on. As you said, it's just a possibility.

I have no illusions about the possibility of Kreider returning to us after being moved at the deadline. The only players who have done this recently are Vermette and Perron. Hell we hoped that Hayes or Zucc would consider returning after the deadline as well.

I'm certain Kreider was paying attention to the ridiculous money both of them got once exploring UFA, and if someone expects Kreider to not consider this possibility they are a fool. As it's been said many times, if Kreider is willing to take a discount in July to come back to the organization then I am all for it, but some other team is going to make it a really tough decision if it comes to that.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t know, I’m not trading him to Rangers as an extra, just defending how stupid it would be by Boston, and Rangers saying no.

For Kreider to make sense to Boston they’d need to move Backes and you have to ask with some of these prices is Kreider good enough to kill your future for.
No.

Still don't understand why he was brought up as he wouldn't be a player the Rangers would want in a trade. Rangers would have to say no if it came at a cost of a player they would be interested in.
Backes is another issue altogether. If Backes were coming the other way for Kreider you're talking at the very least a 2020 1st without any conditions and a player like Studnicka or a prospect like Beecher being involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->