Dreger: Rangers listening on Kreider and willing to retain 50% salary

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by 5cotland, Jan 15, 2020.

1. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    So you are expecting 3 1st's for him?

The offer had 1st+ one of Bostons top prospects (C prospect) which on it's own is top UFA price.

How many teams are lining up to pay 2 straight up 1st's for Kreider, or 2 1st's+?

2. UnSandvich

UnSandvich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Where do you keep getting this 3 1st's thing? I sure as **** haven't said anything about 3 1sts. It's almost like you're making things up because you don't have an actual point.

egelband and Kupo like this.
  3. UnSandvich

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Also, another point on Grzelcyk, right now the Rangers (without trades), have 4 Dmen virtually guaranteed to be back next season. 3 are RHD (Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox), one is a LHD (Skjei). The Rangers have 1 who is highly likely to be back, a LHD (Ryan Lindgren). The Rangers have 2 who are likely to be back short of a buyout or trade, both LHDs (Smith & Staal). The Rangers have at least 2 LHD prospects knocking on the door (Rykov & Hajek).

Unless Staal or Smith are traded or bought out, there's Just. Not. Space.

EDIT: There are also at least 2 RHDs that could make a roster push (Nils Lundkvist & Joey Keane) next season, and K'Andre Miller in another year or so

4. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Well clearly your guys are asking equal value to atleast 2 1st rounders here.

You got 0 for Zuccarello, expect a 1st+ for Kreider but let’s not get completely crazy

5. UnSandvich

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Okay, it's clear you're either not understanding a word I'm saying, or flat out ignoring it. At this point, there's no reason for me to continue this discussion. Enjoy your delusions, friend.

6. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    How aren’t Rangers fans asking here equal to 2 1st rounders here?

1st+ top prospect, no to 1st+ top 3/4 prospect on the team+ young D-man.

Sure you’ve said no space, but for some reason love to ignore other trade possibilities.

Zucc got you 2nd+ 3rd.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM
    King 88 likes this.
  7. Kakko Schmakko

Kakko Schmakko Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Our GM made a mistake with the Zucc trade, but it came fairly close to working which would have resulted in 2 1st rounders or at least 1 and either 3rd or 2nd round pick. I hope he learned his lesson and stops doing these gamble trades.

AndyW likes this.
  8. The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    With 2 conditions to turn them into 2 first round picks.

Kreider is going to fetch a 1st and top prospect. He is the prize of the deadline.

egelband likes this.
  9. AndreRoy

AndreRoy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Nobody gives up top prospects for rentals. You can keep repeating it but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen. And fewer and fewer teams these days are willing to give up a 1st.

King 88 and vtdevils2k like this.
  10. The Crypto Guy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    We’ll see soon enough.

egelband likes this.
  11. AndreRoy

AndreRoy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I’m not saying he won’t return a 1st, though I think it’s far from guaranteed. Teams are increasingly unwilling to give up 1sts for rentals, but somebody always cracks under pressure and overpays at the deadline. But I’ll be shocked if anyone gives up a top prospect, much less in addition to a 1st.

12. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Yeah and ended up with 2nd+3rd, nowhere near 2 straight up 1sts.

1st + good prospect is what I can see Kreider getting, not any of the untouchable prospects on top of 1st

King 88 likes this.
  13. The Crypto Guy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Agreed.

BB88 likes this.
  14. UAGoalieGuy

UAGoalieGuy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Finance Operations
    I could see Studnicka and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if the Bruins won the cup.

Or a 1st without conditions and a prospect like Lauko or Fredrick.

Pavel Buchnevich and slg1963 like this.
  15. One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel You Can't Escape

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    You weren’t, but you were selling him hard. Why even bother if that’s the case?

It’s been explained several times in detail what the Rangers would most likely be looking for in a Kreider trade. I’m not explaining it again because you either can’t comprehend or refuse to read. Go read my other posts as well as other Ranger fans who have responded to you.

Except he’s 26 and an impending RFA that’s going to require a significant raise, which doesn’t work for the Rangers right now.

Also, I do know that other trades are allowed. Instead of replying with snark, why don’t you practice what you preach and make an offer then.

EDIT: It’s also been explained to you that the rangers have immense organizational depth on defense, but you continue to push Grzelcyk. When this was explained to you, it should have told you to offer something different. Maybe if you would have done that, you wouldn’t have had to respond with “HoW mUcH dO yOu ExPeCt FoR kReIdEr, 3 1sTs?”

16. charliemurphy

charliemurphy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    It was more in response to keeping Kreider.
    In all honesty, I could care less about who's wearing the C.
    As for Zib, lets see about his new contract in a couple of seasons before naming him captain.

17. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I'm not selling Grzelcy, I have zero .....ng need to see the original proposed trade to happen.
    I'm arguin against crazy valuation here.

If Boston trades for Kreider it's going to be in the range of 1st+ Trent Frederic, top tier UFA price for Top UFA, 1st+ Trent+ Grzecyk is a huge overpayment for UFA.

If you get a gift you take it and make the best out of it, not keep breaching about the insane depth on defense.

18. charliemurphy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Whats with pushing Grzecyk into this proposal? Rangers in all likelihood have no interest in him.
    I remember hearing weeks ago about a rumored proposal of a 2020 1st, Heinen and Fredric for Kreider which seems more realistic as far as both teams' needs.

19. BPD

BPD Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Gryzclek is a fine enough player, but we're already at our quota for players with hard to spell names.

We're just not really in the market for a player like him, though, unless we're giving one of our LD back. We're pretty sure you don't want Staal, we're thinking the trade changes if you're looking at Skjei, and I'm not thinking Lindgren moves. We've got depth there in the system; it's just not a fit.

20. BB88

BB88 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I don’t know, I’m not trading him to Rangers as an extra, just defending how stupid it would be by Boston, and Rangers saying no.

For Kreider to make sense to Boston they’d need to move Backes and you have to ask with some of these prices is Kreider good enough to kill your future for.
    No.

21. slg1963

slg1963 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    This is a realistic trade proposal, I like it.

22. TGWL

TGWL Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    You're mixing what we should be trying to do and what we could potential do if Kreider wants to re-sign. I don't disagree that we should try and get some assets right now, and if we still can fit Kreider in somehow after July, with the deal being right for both parties, we should attempt to re-sign him. But the the idea of just trading a player and thinking we can just re-sign him hardly ever works out and shouldn't be something we're counting on. As you said, it's just a possibility.

23. TGWL

TGWL Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    So a late first, a late second, and Frederic. I'd rather get a 1st and a prospect close to making our team. The 2nd doesn't need to be a piece in this trade. We need players who are ready to make that jump, or players who can find success playing a bigger role than what they're currently getting.

Frederic isn't what I am looking for. I'm aware AHL production doesn't always translate to NHL, but there's just something concerning with him as the main prospect. I'm not looking for a potential 3c. I don't need another Boyle who can control the game with his size down the middle. (No, I am not comparing his skill to Boyle). I'm looking for a great skater who has potential to be a top 6 winger if that ceiling is reached. That's more important to me than the 1st.

This has nothing to do with Grzelcyk.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:07 AM
  24. Calad

Calad Section 422

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I have no illusions about the possibility of Kreider returning to us after being moved at the deadline. The only players who have done this recently are Vermette and Perron. Hell we hoped that Hayes or Zucc would consider returning after the deadline as well.

I'm certain Kreider was paying attention to the ridiculous money both of them got once exploring UFA, and if someone expects Kreider to not consider this possibility they are a fool. As it's been said many times, if Kreider is willing to take a discount in July to come back to the organization then I am all for it, but some other team is going to make it a really tough decision if it comes to that.

25. charliemurphy

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Still don't understand why he was brought up as he wouldn't be a player the Rangers would want in a trade. Rangers would have to say no if it came at a cost of a player they would be interested in.
    Backes is another issue altogether. If Backes were coming the other way for Kreider you're talking at the very least a 2020 1st without any conditions and a player like Studnicka or a prospect like Beecher being involved.