Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Would love him on the Flames. Think he'd look great playing with either Tkachuk or Gaudreau.

If the Flames are moving anything substantial, yes there'd have to be extension talks first. Although I see Calgary potentially holding pat and getting in on the Hall sweepstakes this summer.

As far as cap goes, the Andersson extension signals that at least one of Brodie or Hamonic will not be on the team next year. Jankowski likely won't be getting a qualifying offer.

The Flames could make another top 6 forward work under their cap structure.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kreider is the kind of guy that can fit in on any team's top six. He doesn't have a ton of "upside" at this point in his career but not much downside either. You know what you will get and he's reliable in that sense. I would expect a ton of interest.

Reactions: klingsor

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
kreider trade value has diminished, rangs held on to him too long should of got a 1st round pick for him last year, now probably only worth a 2nd or 3rd pick.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!
Someone should sticky your post so we can come back and "revisit" this after a trade happens.

Reactions: Speedtrials

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
kreider trade value has diminished, rangs held on to him too long should of got a 1st round pick for him last year, now probably only worth a 2nd or 3rd pick.

You make a lot of sense.

RHrLj-1.png

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
You cant retain on a contract that hasnt happened yet. So if they sign and extension and retain its only on his current contract. THe next team will have to pay the full extension. Which could be exactly what someone wants. Cant afford him today but will make room for next year.

That ain't happening.
Sorry, I should clarify. I know that won’t be the case, I was just pointing out how odd the tweet reads.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As per Insider Trading.

3:10

• Rangers are talking contract extension with Kreider.
  • Highly expected that Kreider will be traded
  • Rangers willing to retain up to 50% in a trade.

Incoming 1st/Dugan, Tuch and Krebs for Kreider and DeAngelo with extensions.
edit: obligatory extra pick thrown in and Georgiev coming back too

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Aren’t there rumours that he’s going to just turn around and re-sign with the rangers anyways? Maybe I’m wrong. But that’ll hurt his value for sure

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
I don't think his salary this year is the problem. The problem is who the hell wants to pay him 7+ mil/year in his next contract

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Aren’t there rumours that he’s going to just turn around and re-sign with the rangers anyways? Maybe I’m wrong. But that’ll hurt his value for sure

They said the same about Zuccarello. And Stone and Duchene in Ottawa.
I wouldn't put too much stock in that kind of talk. Rebuilding teams need to get younger and lighten their cap.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Why would Kreider want to sign an extension to be traded when he can wait for July 1 and take offers from lots of teams around the league and choose the best deal and/or team he wants to play for? If I'm Kreider and I'm signing an extension it's about staying with the Rangers and if necessary I'd be clear about that before I signed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Why would Kreider want to sign an extension to be traded when he can wait for July 1 and take offers from lots of teams around the league and choose the best deal and/or team he wants to play for? If I'm Kreider and I'm signing an extension it's about staying with the Rangers and if necessary I'd be clear about that before I signed.

Would they be able to guarantee protection in the expansion draft?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That would be great and all, except Panarin plays with Strome and Fast, Kreider plays with Zibanejad and Buchnevich.

But sure, you can take him away from Panarin for the low price of a 1st round pick and a b/c prospect.

A 1st+b/c prospect for a retained rental Kreider seems fair to me?

Boston's 1st+Bjork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad