GDT: Rangers Last Day of Media Availability - 4/10/18 - 9:30AM

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I posted an article in either the prospect thread or the minors thread yesterday from the Czech League's website that implied he was a possibility. Same for Pavelec and Mazanec. It also mentioned Hajek but that seems unlikely given that he has the Memorial Cup next month.
Okay new article, this one implies he will play:

První posily z NHL! K národnímu týmu se připojí Chytil s Chlapíkem | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Need to run through Google Translate.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Sounds like he's gonna get a hard look, but nothing is guaranteed. Even if he gets cut, it's difficult to complain if our 18-year old prospect narrowly misses making his national team.

Reactions: haveandare

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Per Dan Rosen - Henrik Lundqvist said "part of me is a little excited about what's ahead" for the future of the Rangers. "We don't know who's going to show up [for training camp], but whoever is going to be here, we're going to compete and make sure we have a better year. That's that."

"Part of me is a little excited".

Reactions: Ola and nevesis

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Per Dan Rosen - Henrik Lundqvist said "part of me is a little excited about what's ahead" for the future of the Rangers. "We don't know who's going to show up [for training camp], but whoever is going to be here, we're going to compete and make sure we have a better year. That's that."

"Part of me is a little excited".

I wonder which part.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
If he's had a knee issue why was he playing down the stretch?

If the MRI does indeed reveal something, he could have gotten a jump on the clean up/rehab.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zuccarello går glipp av VM (Zuccarello will miss WC.)

Zucc has an injury so he will not play in World championship - they said he had to rest for 3-4 weeks and I`m not sure if he was even available this day in Last Day of Media availability. And what a season consider all of our injuries with most of our core players somewhat affected/involved.
I`m glad it`s over and I`m loooking forward to win some lottery picks! :)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The team telling Zucc not to play at worlds tells me they want him all rested/healed up for the draft when they trade him

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The team telling Zucc not to play at worlds tells me they want him all rested/healed up for the draft when they trade him
I don`t know I read he was at the hospital for a knee injury monday yesterday which he has struggled with majority of this season, and I don`t think Zucc was available today for interviews based on that.
I will not speculate on it, but if Gorton is going to compete next season - it`s logic to not move your player who has most points for Rangers in the last 4 seasons. :)

And watching Norway in World championship without Zucc is to watch Argentina in soccer without Lionel Messi, he will be missed for sure. `sigh. I personally dislike this season. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->