GDT: Rangers Last Day of Media Availability - 4/10/18 - 9:30AM

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lmfao...yea confident that you cant play a lick of defense. No mas...NO MAS
Hey, you never know. The guy was a forgotten prospect heading into the season and he ended up getting a bunch of games. Yeah, it was due to injury, but he wouldn't have even gotten a cup of coffee last year as he was absolutely horrendous in Hartford. He improved a lot in one year. If he can take another big step forward defensively, who knows?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hey, you never know. The guy was a forgotten prospect heading into the season and he ended up getting a bunch of games. Yeah, it was due to injury, but he wouldn't have even gotten a cup of coffee last year as he was absolutely horrendous in Hartford. He improved a lot in one year. If he can take another big step forward defensively, who knows?
He would have to take a LEAP. No in fact he would have to take a ship to get across the ocean to the correct way of playing defense in the NHL. I never wana see that lump of shit on this team ever again. Youre right, he got games because of injury and that is it. Oh and is speed...wonderful...he can skate but constantly got beat around the edge by opposing wingers looking two steps slower. He is atrociously bad. Like Michael Kostka bad. In fact he is even worse. He turned the puck over more than anyone I have ever watched in the span of games he played. He wouldnt have been up on any other roster in the NHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He would have to take a LEAP. No in fact he would have to take a ship to get across the ocean to the correct way of playing defense in the NHL. I never wana see that lump of **** on this team ever again. Youre right, he got games because of injury and that is it. Oh and is speed...wonderful...he can skate but constantly got beat around the edge by opposing wingers looking two steps slower. He is atrociously bad. Like Michael Kostka bad. In fact he is even worse. He turned the puck over more than anyone I have ever watched in the span of games he played. He wouldnt have been up on any other roster in the NHL.
I feel like there's an excessive amount of hyperbole in this post, but that's cool if that's how you actually feel.

I agree it's unlikely he suddenly becomes a competent defensive player. My point was simply that last year he was one of the worst defensemen in the AHL that I saw getting regular games. So the simple fact that he improved enough to even be considered this year as an injury call-up is a testament to how much he improved. If there's any improvement left he could conceivably stick somewhere.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

He really needs to get healthy. Has surgery, tries to come back, has knee soreness, talks about playing and getting it drained.

The last thing this team needs is to plan big minutes for him and he has a reoccurring knee issue next season or throughout this contract. Remember how Drury was his final two years with the Rangers? He should just completely shut it down the rest of April and even into early May.

This screams to me signing a Greg Pateryn or Mark Barbiero during the summer.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any word on if Chytil is playing in the WC? He sounded like more of a sure bet than Lias.
I posted an article in either the prospect thread or the minors thread yesterday from the Czech League's website that implied he was a possibility. Same for Pavelec and Mazanec. It also mentioned Hajek but that seems unlikely given that he has the Memorial Cup next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad