Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders (L 2-1) - One More To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Our franchise being mocked and ridiculed while making it a less desirable place for coaches and players is a TERRIBLE thing.

What's the payoff of that email being released??
It's already being mocked and ridiculed, and most of our fanbase wants to lose on purpose. That's attractive to players and coaches.

And FWIW he showed it to me and I told him not to make it public without consulting the mods.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Should I join the Rangers this summer?"

**checks HFBoards to see if people were cheering on a tank**
Yeah because that's what I meant.

The team is actually tanking and nobody has an issue with that, and suddenly we're worried about emails. What is this, an election?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This reminds me of the "if we buyout the FA who came here and has been awful, no FAs will want to come!"

If the owner wants to fire a bad coach, that should deter other bad coaches. It's not like AV is tremendously successful and he's on the way out for some petty reason unrelated to his performance

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah because that's what I meant.

The team is actually tanking and nobody has an issue with that, and suddenly we're worried about emails. What is this, an election?
I agree this is email is a big who cares in terms of impact on the franchise, but what did you mean, then?

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This reminds me of the "if we buyout the FA who came here and has been awful, no FAs will want to come!"

If the owner wants to fire a bad coach, that should deter other bad coaches. It's not like AV is tremendously successful and he's on the way out for some petty reason unrelated to his performance

#Top10 tho

Reactions: Mandar

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I agree this is email is a big who cares in terms of impact on the franchise, but what did you mean, then?
I mean that people are worried about damaging the franchise, while announcing "hey we're gonna suck for awhile" (via email, naturally) might actually do just that, but people cheer that.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I mean that people are worried about damaging the franchise, while announcing "hey we're gonna suck for awhile" (via email, naturally) might actually do just that, but people cheer that.
I think the way Babcock and the Leafs handled things might’ve changed the landscape for this kind of stuff

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
I want to share the email it self, but at the bottom of it has some language that has me a bit worried:

This message may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information of the Madison Square Garden Company or its affiliates. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender by email and kindly delete the message.

Which is why I was uncertain how to share this information.

The end of email disclaimer is for when an email is sent to the WRONG recipient inadvertently. It's to scare the unintended recipient in the hopes they don't share confidential information (which they can anyway). An email sent to you intentionally is absolutely yours to share.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
"Should I join the Rangers this summer?"

**checks HFBoards to see if people were cheering on a tank**

You're kidding yourself. A source told me Arniel and Ruff consult the Game Day Threads during every intermission for their in game adjustments.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I believe that that the email receiver was so shocked and happy to get a response that he wanted to let everyone know before he thought about whether he should. As the "toothpaste is out of the tube" now, its tough to not share it.

But its amazingly laughable to think that revealing an email would have such a monumental cause/effect with future players, staff, etc. What's to stop people from posting on any forum whether they actually got an email from an owner or not? Seems like a very effective way to discourage teams from signing anyone, no?

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Our franchise being mocked and ridiculed while making it a less desirable place for coaches and players is a TERRIBLE thing.

What's the payoff of that email being released??

Winning once in 78 years, the last 18 lead by a guy who thought he'd win EVERY YEAR in NY, is the reason this franchise has been mocked and ridiculed.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Talk about how MSG works, I once applied to a job for the Rangers through a friend's friend and like these things go you know "hint hint nudge nudge" aka get my resume right to HR and get me an interview.

The kid gave me the most generic "I have given your resume to HR and if there is a fit, someone should reach out to you" unlike at other jobs when it's "I recommended you to HR and Joe Schmoe will be calling in two three days, look him up on LinkedIn and be prepared"

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Winning once in 78 years, the last 18 lead by a guy who thought he'd win EVERY YEAR in NY, is the reason this franchise has been mocked and ridiculed.

We need more franchise players that thinks he'll lose every year.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If they're both on the roster next season, John Gilmour will be more liked than Pionk. Bookmark this post. @ me in a year, not now.
Gilmour will be better than Pionk.

Liked more, absolutely not. People have already just decided that Pionk is incredible. He could stab Lundqvist and nobody would notice. I'll never understand why certain players are just loved/hated for absolutely no reason.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gilmour will be better than Pionk.

Liked more, absolutely not. People have already just decided that Pionk is incredible. He could stab Lundqvist and nobody would notice. I'll never understand why certain players are just loved/hated for absolutely no reason.

People would notice because they'd get mad at Hank for getting mad at Pionk for stabbing him.

Pionk is well liked because he plays a lot of minutes and Sam and Joe ooh and ahh over him. That's basically it.

Johnny Gilmour is the 'made in china' version of Johnny Moore.

Is 'made in china' good or bad?

CHI-NA

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->