Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders -- 4/9/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Getting out to a 2-0 lead was important. Sunday’s game it’s going to be important not to be chasing the game because the isles can shut you right down. Rangers aren’t good at chasing games anyway.

I thought Chytil’s line was our best tonight and more often than not they were out against Barzal’s line. I thought both Lafreniere and Kakko were outstanding. Kravtsov looked terrific too. You can see he’s getting more confident with every game and the 4th line is looking more and more dangerous.

It’s always great to beat the Islanders.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Like Kravtsov with Rooney and Howden, he knows he’s the best player on that line so he’s taking command. He’s trusting his skill to make the plays happen, rather then deferring. It’s a great mindset to have, especially once he moves back up in he lineup.

quinnbigbrain.jpg

somebody hook it up

Reactions: Ginger Papa

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Like Kravtsov with Rooney and Howden, he knows he’s the best player on that line so he’s taking command. He’s trusting his skill to make the plays happen, rather then deferring. It’s a great mindset to have, especially once he moves back up in he lineup.
Really nice take

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I really, REALLY like what I see in Kravstov so far. The kid can play. Size, hands, awareness and good hustle.

Later in the third below the goal line, he made a move and great short pass out to I think Rooney who just couldn't handle that silk, if it were anyone in our top 6 it would have been in the back of the net.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
With only one power play for the whole game it was nice to see players who don't get a lot of power play or pk time get to play some more.

I think that really benefited the kids. They got to roll lines and no one got stuck on the bench for a long time.

Another game where we got a glimpse of what the future could be.

Really impressed with Kravtsov. Set up Howden and Rooney several times. They really should think of trying him at C at some point. he's so gifted. And he's done a great, great job at finding space for a young kid. He's faster than Kakko and Laf and you can see it. Just really impressed with him.

Last bunch of games Kakko has gotten an assist and has threatened for more. In addition to his one assist, he made a big play that led to K'Andre's goal.

KZB was okay at best. Z is back to being foggy out there. He scored a goal but didn't look great. And Buch was really forcing his passes too much. Kreider's speed and defensive play was a great contribution.

The number one issue with our young goalies (and really with all goalies) is battling to see shots through bodies. The long shots kill us because our D is mediocre at shot blocking and crease clearing. A lot of the goals that get scored on us are the long shot, tips/screens/rebounds variety. As we get deeper on the blue line the hope is some of that goes away.

Finally, I did not realize the Islanders play that fast. Wow, the pace was elevated compared to the PGH games.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I think that really benefited the kids. They got to roll lines and no one got stuck on the bench for a long time.

Another game where we got a glimpse of what the future could be.

Really impressed with Kravtsov. Set up Howden and Rooney several times. They really should think of trying him at C at some point. he's so gifted. And he's done a great, great job at finding space for a young kid. He's faster than Kakko and Laf and you can see it. Just really impressed with him.

Last bunch of games Kakko has gotten an assist and has threatened for more. In addition to his one assist, he made a big play that led to K'Andre's goal.

KZB was okay at best. Z is back to being foggy out there. He scored a goal but didn't look great. And Buch was really forcing his passes too much. Kreider's speed and defensive play was a great contribution.

The number one issue with our young goalies (and really with all goalies) is battling to see shots through bodies. The long shots kill us because our D is mediocre at shot blocking and crease clearing. A lot of the goals that get scored on us are the long shot, tips/screens/rebounds variety. As we get deeper on the blue line the hope is some of that goes away.

Finally, I did not realize the Islanders play that fast. Wow, the pace was elevated compared to the PGH games.
Their transition stretch passes are off the charts, and they don't do fancy stuff. They want to funnel toward the net every shift

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I and a couple of others advocated for a kid line. They're gelling now as a unit and forming their own identity. They're not deferring to the stars of the team, and they're playing an increasingly hard nosed game.
When Laf played up with Mika you could tell he was afraid to touch the puck. Now he seems to have more confidence and is actually skating with it then making a play instead of passing as soon as he touches it.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Bread
Kravstov
Georgie

Bread with two points. Georgie kept us in the game, gave us a chance to win. Kravstov is the real deal. If he had better line mates he would have had a couple of points. I never understood all the hype about Kravstov and thought he could flame out again. I was wrong. He is the real deal. He is noticeable every time he is on the ice. If I was the coach, I would sit Howden and play Gauthier. Rooney is a decent 4th line center. I want to see if that line would click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->