Rumor: Rangers Interested in James van Riemsdyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
First Shattenkirk, next JVR. The Rangers make dreams come true. I wanted to be a cowboy when I was 6. Mr. Dolan, I wear size 13 boots and would prefer a black hat and horse which I shall name "midnight" I will provide my own spurs and pistol, thank you very much.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
First Shattenkirk, next JVR. The Rangers make dreams come true. I wanted to be a cowboy when I was 6. Mr. Dolan, I wear size 13 boots and would prefer a black hat and horse which I shall name "midnight" I will provide my own spurs and pistol, thank you very much.

From what I've heard in the past, he's willing to take less money if it meant the term was long

Reactions: TheTakedown

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
For what he wants you might as well throw the bank at JT instead lol

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
From what I've heard in the past, he's willing to take less money if it meant the term was long
But then there's that guilt thing hanging over us. He takes less to come here then you feel bad trading him. It's like renting an apartment to a friend. Now you feel like a schmuck if you raise the rent. If you take him, give him market value, then there's no strings.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
JVR would maybe be a good add for an already developed team looking to take the next step that also needed someone to fill a gap on their LW side.

Reactions: Edge

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. TFP has always been unreliable.
I mean, all it says is we expressed interest. That's not saying much at all. For all we know it was just us asking what his price will be and that was it. I doubt we even have any real interest.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Part of me just feels like he leaves me wanting.

I can't figure out if it's because I more closely associate him with the Philly years, or what.
He's at times an eye-poppingly lazy player who doesn't remotely use his size in the way which you'd hope for. A worse Nash in every way but shot.

He's made a career on having that one Jonas Hoglund season like 5 times.

You know how bad you have to be at your own end of the ice to score 36 goals but earn less than 15 mins of ice time? 63% ozone start. Woof. Means he's probably pretty good at puck posession and retention though.

Reactions: Off Sides

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If we're rebuilding for the next three years, why are we signing JvR?

giphy.gif

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
This is kind of faulty logic, because it’s not one or the other, but getting JVR does make moving Hayes a little easier.

If JVR takes the Shatty contract, does it make sense to sign him and deal Hayes?

Or to deal Kreider?

It of course depends on what we could get for Kreider or Hayes, but maybe there is some logic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad