Rangers ink Ryan Callahan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Jon Prescription said:

no he wasn't...

he's not gonna be a special, irreplaceable player in the NHL. It was good that the Rangers signed him, but it wasn't the end of the world if they didn't for some reason (why people were freaking out about it, I'll never know...) and wouldn't have hurt their prospect pool that much.

Good that they signed him, but let's not make it out to be a huge thing, he's probably a 3rd line player in the NHL and those aren't "absolute must signs"

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Levitate said:
no he wasn't...

he's not gonna be a special, irreplaceable player in the NHL. It was good that the Rangers signed him, but it wasn't the end of the world if they didn't for some reason (why people were freaking out about it, I'll never know...) and wouldn't have hurt their prospect pool that much.

Good that they signed him, but let's not make it out to be a huge thing, he's probably a 3rd line player in the NHL and those aren't "absolute must signs"

He was definitely a must sign. A possible future good 3rd liner is always a must sign when you are rebuilding.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Levitate said:
no he wasn't...

Are you kidding!?

His upside is that of a 2nd liner, first and foremost.

I mean, why don't we just let all of our potential NHL players not sign with us. Callahan has the potential at being a great 3rd liner or a solid 2nd liner for us. Yeah, he's completely worthless and we shouldn't sign him (I know you aren't saying that, but still).

The only real non must signs are guys like Paiment or Petruzalek (although I feel that Petru has great potential).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Jon Prescription said:
Are you kidding!?

His upside is that of a 2nd liner, first and foremost.

I mean, why don't we just let all of our potential NHL players not sign with us. Callahan has the potential at being a great 3rd liner or a solid 2nd liner for us. Yeah, he's completely worthless and we shouldn't sign him (I know you aren't saying that, but still).

The only real non must signs are guys like Paiment or Petruzalek (although I feel that Petru has great potential).

Why did he play with Guelph as an overager?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Once upon a time our GM decided that he is smart and there is no need for him to sign a potential 3rd liner.....well that potential 3rd liner was Jarret Stool...**** you Button the clown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->