Rumor: Rangers in Three Way Trade with OTT/TBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not always stupid.

But yeah, I wouldnt want anyone in the organization to play the way that he does.

It's not always stupid but it is most of the time and I don't expect players to know the difference in a split second.

I'd rather them not do it at all than run out of position and break bones on shots Hank stops 999/1000 times like Callahan does.

I would let them do their own thing and take my chances with that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Clarkson has shown that taking that much cap back is worth a 1st and a 2nd. You can feel free to swap those out with whatever comparables you want b/c HF stands for have fun!

It was a bit more complicated than that, right? It doesn't sound like a big sacrifize today and I don't remember the details, but Vegas agreed to take Wild Bill Karlsson too in that trade right? Not sure who Vegas would have taken otherwise, but...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
#Fast4Captain #2018 #Vanilla #C

In WWII the Finns started to promote trouble makers in their army. The troublemakers turned out to be strict on discipline when they were in charge of it.

I am all for making Tony DeAngelo captain right out of camp! ;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not always stupid but it is most of the time and I don't expect players to know the difference in a split second.

I'd rather them not do it at all than run out of position and break bones on shots Hank stops 999/1000 times like Callahan does.

I would let them do their own thing and take my chances with that.

I'm just spit balling here and I have no idea if this is true. But would it make sense that most shots are blocked on slap shots from the point? You don't have as much time to block quick shots from the slot. So if true you might be on to something.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm just spit balling here and I have no idea if this is true. But would it make sense that most shots are blocked on slap shots from the point? You don't have as much time to block quick shots from the slot. So if true you might be on to something.
Yeah slappers are easier to block and there's no proof they're more likely to go in. All the research we have so far indicates that release/reaction time is more likely to beat goaltenders than velocity.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Why are people so convinced that these players on Tampa are going to freely waive their no trade clauses?

Why would they waive to go from a no tax state on a contending team to a high tax state on a rebuilding team?

I just don't understand.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Callahan can come back. That's cool and stuff. I still like him a ton.

Giving him the C would be kinda dumb though lmao. Guy is probably going to play like 25 games across two seasons or some shit.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
IF he came back it's not really that far fetched to think they wouldn't give a former captain back his C.

After all he was traded away, he didn't leave the team. Not sure why you would want to force a C on someone else who wasn't ready, worked well for McD didn't it? Callys contract is up 2 years and by then Andersson or whoever is ready to take the C.

And lets not forget we would be getting Cally to get something in return. We aren't giving up anything for him.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers have to be getting two fairly decent pieces if we take on Callahan. One prospect who is in their Top 5, and a 2020 first round pick. Are we trying to make it as easy as possible for Tampa to get one of the best defenseman we have seen the last 5 years so they can run train on the East? Tampa is in a desperate position.

This is probably the essence of the trade if it is going to happen... What's in it for the Rangers to bring back Callahan with that price tag in order to clear space for TB? Do we want TB to win it all? Absolutely. But to help TB clear out space to add a top Dman to push TB over the top has to include something else other than a beaten to hell Callahan for two years. Veteran presence for the young ones is one thing... Gorton has to be getting another top pick and/or prospect out of this.

Reactions: Wease

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The “C” thing is a Brooks thing.

Based on his injury history, and other factors, I don’t see it happening.

Assuming he even came to the Rangers in the first place.

We’re at the point where we’re not just getting worked up about a trade that hasn’t happened, we’re also getting upset about putting the captaincy on a player we don’t have, who may or may not be part of a trade, that may or may not ever happen.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The “C” thing is a Brooks thing.

Based on his injury history, and other factors, I don’t see it happening.

Assuming he even came to the Rangers in the first place.

We’re at the point where we’re not just getting worked up about a trade that hasn’t happened, we’re also getting upset about putting the captaincy on a player we don’t have, who may or may not be part of a trade, that may or may not ever happen.

THIS IS HFRB!

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Gotta love Stepan the 4C who has outscored every player in his draft class except for Stamkos, Karlsson, Eberle and Doughty. That's a 4C career like those fans told us.

Now that the Islanders are a tire fire of nonsense I can only assume they'd double down and waive Derek.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Gotta love Stepan the 4C who has outscored every player in his draft class except for Stamkos, Karlsson, Eberle and Doughty. That's a 4C career like those fans told us.

Wasn’t the meme Stepan is not a “true” number one center.

Although a vague term, it generally meant he was at best a first line center on a team with centers or at worst a number 2 center on a team with an elite #1 center?

Reactions: NYR94

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Hell, I can remember when this board was angry about drafting him.

Not because of anything he did mind you. But because of Ken Roche and Darrin Olver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad