Rangers in Newark. Who is going?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Will be there with 2 friends. Mn I hope we don't get crushed.

ChipAyten

NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
Dec 19, 2008
Lawn Guyland
That aint right....

tumblr_lhkmmqLvCM1qatk8jo1_500.jpg

Dec 13, 2010
I'd like to keep my wallet past tuesday.

I went to game 4 of the ECF last year and got told by a million people about how terrible the area was. Really wasn't anything special and was probably 10 times nicer than what I expected. I'll absolutely go to another game in Newark if the opportunity arises.

Skipping this one but debating going to one of the other games later on in the season out there.

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
Ill be there in 132! Lets go rangers! Even though i cant stand there fans, i think they have a wierd relationship with avery they still talk about him every game.

JR#9*

I'll be there in section 9

BTW anybody see how as early as the 2nd game of the season the Devils had to turn to living social deals where you only had to pay $29 for lower level $100 face value seats???

Great deal but just shows how pathetic their support is and I would say things like this is why they were teetering on bankruptcy and had to restructure.

But fans in markets like ours that actually support our teams have to pay crazy prices to substadize this ridiculous ticket giveaways just so they have people in the arena...and this is 2 games in they have to resort to this....fans were really dieing with enthusiasm to support their team when they came back:shakehead

tlallstar6

Jan 24, 2008
TV for me as always. My next trip back to visit family I need to get a home game in. Sick of only seeing them in person here in Pittsburgh.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I went to game 4 of the ECF last year and got told by a million people about how terrible the area was. Really wasn't anything special and was probably 10 times nicer than what I expected. I'll absolutely go to another game in Newark if the opportunity arises.

Skipping this one but debating going to one of the other games later on in the season out there.

I went to a concert there over the summer and can confirm its totally safe. I took the New Jersey Transit from Penn station to Newark Penn station, and the Rock is in short walking distance from the train station. There are cops and loads of people along the walk between the arena and train station. Its a really nice arena and seemed like a great place to watch a hockey game based on the seating layout.

Carl Hagelins Flow

Flow Status: AMAZING
Mar 28, 2009
Long Island, NY
Make sure you don't leave anything valuable in your car or carry much $$ on your person. Better yet, don't even bring your wallet! :laugh:

A bulletproof/kevlar vest under your sweater would be good precautionary measures.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I went to a concert there over the summer and can confirm its totally safe. I took the New Jersey Transit from Penn station to Newark Penn station, and the Rock is in short walking distance from the train station. There are cops and loads of people along the walk between the arena and train station. Its a really nice arena and seemed like a great place to watch a hockey game based on the seating layout.

Agreed. The arena isn't as bad as the stereotype it's given.

Did you see Iron Maiden in July?

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
two of us in section 112 ready to be loud as all ****! hopefully we are in a sea of red so when we celebrate it ruins their ****ing night.

Also newark isnt even close to bad anymore. I was just their last week for luis ck. its actually really come a long way.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'll be there with my buddy in Section 228. I'll be the guy in the white Girardi jersey. Let's do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad