Confirmed with Link: Rangers Hire Eric Raymond as Hartford Goalie Coach

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Rangers Add Goalie Coach In Hartford & Re-sign Steven Fogarty - FOREVER BLUESHIRTS

Goalie coach Raymond leaves Mooseheads for AHL job

Raymond was the goaltending coach of the Halifax Mooseheads for the past eight years. He has a memorial cup win in 2013. He supposedly was splitting time between Halifax and Hartford during that duration, which is very interesting, and slightly psychotic, to think. IMO, it's great to hear that the Ranger prospect tenders will be under constant surveillance and coaching. Also, helps Benny with sticking to the pros.

Also mentions that the Rangers re-signed Fogarty to his qualifying offer.

Thoughts?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm for as many resources available in our system as possible.

Fogarty to me is a depth-signing. Still has time to put it together, but there are a lot of options ahead of him at this point.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't really have an opinion on the AHL goalie coach. Good, I guess. If Allaire likes him I'm fine with that.

When the news about Fogarty was reported a week or so back, I was surprised. I still think he finds a career for ~200 NHL games, but I thought we would let him walk and find that career elsewhere. I mean he's a useful player in that he's very good defensively, but the offense never came around, at all. And to think he was an offense-first prospect who wanted to learn to play some defense when he went to the BCHL back in the day.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
They haven’t had anyone spending much time down there since the lunatic Sam St Laurent.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Fog is very good at what he is good at, that is always something. Needs to find a role in the NHL that enables him to play to his strength.

As it is, very very few guys plays that role in the NHL. If anyone? Coaches prioritize skating. But like, who knows. All of a sudden someone like Fogarthy has success as a LW next to like Chytil and Kravtsov (obviously playing a defensive role and taking some FOs). But it will take a lot, both from him and in terms of circumstances otherwise.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad