GDT: Rangers @ Flames, 02-01-20 7:00 MT

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
The big play for Manigpane is to just throw random shit at the net and so his shooting percentage is lower ;)

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Fully serious now, that was a good effort in my books. Started strong, got taken out back by their early powerplay(s) other than Backlund getting the shorty, but 5v5 the Flames were the better team for most of the game and they got rewarded with the win. Speaking of the power play, I don't think I can remember a single shot that bounced up off the pads the way the shot did for Chytil's goal. It was strange.

Player specifics, Backlund is playing great again which I like to see, though I was excited to see him back at centre as this whole "Backlund as a winger" thing doesn't seem that fruitful to me. Let someone like Dube draw in there instead of being on the 4th line and let's use our centre depth to our advantage. I thought Dube played a strong game but he got marginally more ice time than Jankowski which is concerning. If we're going to have Dube in the NHL, actually play him. He isn't going to develop on sub-10 minute ice time. And also maybe don't play him with Jankowski/Rieder. He picked up a point today by playing with Ryan and that's where he should be. If we want Bennett with Ryan so much drop the Looch's ice time a bit and let the younger guys go.

I also thought Jankowski felt impactful tonight with the forecheck. He actually took the body on a few plays which was a pleasant surprise, but also didn't play much. Gaudreau and Monahan were good, same with Tkachuk. Also a beauty play by Hanifin for his assist.

Lineup wise I think Backlund might be more fitting on the top line than Mangiapane at this point and giving them a quick swap for a game or two might be nice.

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Backlund
Gaudreau - Monahan - Mangiapane
Bennett - Ryan - Dube
Lucic - Jankowski - Rieder

something along those lines. If we're going to have anyone playing 8 minutes a night it should be Lucic not Dube, though that's not to say Lucic isn't good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->