GDT: Rangers @ Flames, 02-01-20 7:00 MT

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I bet the guy that recommend Talbot to BT is the same guy that recommended Brower and Neal. He hasnt watched a game since 2016

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not liking Tkachuk-Lindy-Mangiapane. They just cycle until they lose the puck and don't generate a lot. The later in particular looks overslotted.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Best thing about Cam Talbot is that his contract expires June 30.

Thankfully he "bet on himself" but unfortunately for him, he lost.

Pretty sure we'd get the same quality from any of the guys in the AHL at this point.

You actually think he got better offers after the year he had with the Oilers?

Anyway, he has had some good games with no goal support, so I wouldn't crap on him just yet. Though it is a little telling he doesn't get a lot of starts.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
You actually think he got better offers after the year he had with the Oilers?

Anyway, he has had some good games with no goal support, so I wouldn't crap on him just yet. Though it is a little telling he doesn't get a lot of starts.
Rumour is that he had multi-year offers at a lower AAV.

Regardless, he's had some really bad starts. I will be unhappy if he's extended.

Reactions: Boomstick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Rumour is that he had multi-year offers at a lower AAV.

Regardless, he's had some really bad starts. I will be unhappy if he's extended.

His stats are average and he's had a few wasted efforts when the team gave him 0 run support. He isn't worth 2.75 but he has hardly been a problem this year.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Best thing about Cam Talbot is that his contract expires June 30.

Thankfully he "bet on himself" but unfortunately for him, he lost.

Pretty sure we'd get the same quality from any of the guys in the AHL at this point.

Looking at gillies since getting it together for the final 2 months of last season he has a .919 save% and 2.5 gaa behind a pretty thin D with us graduating our top guys he might give us an option

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Not liking Tkachuk-Lindy-Mangiapane. They just cycle until they lose the puck and don't generate a lot. The later in particular looks overslotted.

Sounds like bias. Mangiapane leads the team in 5v5 goals and is only one 5v5 point back of Tkachuk and Monahan despite having logged 90 - 100 fewer minutes than either guy.

If there's an issue with the line it's down the middle. Lindholm's not bad defensively but he doesn't really create individually.

Personally the lines I'd be wanting to do would be

Gaudreau - Bennett - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Lindholm - Monahan
Dube - Backlund - Ryan
Lucic - Jankowski - Rieder

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Holy **** what is wrong with Francis and Krahn?
Trade for Kassian, Gaudreau traded, Hamonic extended and Talbot #1. Ugh. All those ideas are horrific.

Francis has such a yap. He's hated Johnny for awhile and lost it on him last ploffs. Guy just sucks.

And wtf Krahn thinks Talbot overtakes Rittich?

Boo

Reactions: Boomstick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sounds like bias. Mangiapane leads the team in 5v5 goals and is only one 5v5 point back of Tkachuk and Monahan despite having logged 90 - 100 fewer minutes than either guy.

If there's an issue with the line it's down the middle. Lindholm's not bad defensively but he doesn't really create individually.

Personally the lines I'd be wanting to do would be

Gaudreau - Bennett - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Lindholm - Monahan
Dube - Backlund - Ryan
Lucic - Jankowski - Rieder

He’s shooting at 16%. I doubt he’s a better shooter than Monahan, Gaudreau, tkachuk...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->