Rangers Fan with a Calder race question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Jaded-Fan said:
Rangers coach Tom Renney described Malik as "an emotional guy" who "wants badly to win," but neither he nor his players complained about the calls that went against them.

"We were talking too much and we flipped the puck over the boards," Jagr said. "We deserved those penalties."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06001/630953.stm

Ok, your point being? What's wrong with the fans complaining even if the players don't? This isn't a case of whether Malik did something or not, because he obviously complained, this is a judgment call of whether there should've been a call or not. Coaches and players can feel differently than fans, what's wrong with that? Coaches get fined for complaining about refs we aren't.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:

Wow, you're reading is great there, Evilo. I said that this was one of the few games that I did blame the refs on when I hardly ever do that other times. Do I need to spell EVERYTHING I say out for you? It's getting a bit old when you string two sentences of mine together and act so perplexed. It's not the first time you've done it and I guess not the last.

And did you even see the game?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
NYRGoalieGlut said:
Ok, your point being? What's wrong with the fans complaining even if the players don't? This isn't a case of whether Malik did something or not, because he obviously complained, this is a judgment call of whether there should've been a call or not. Coaches and players can feel differently than fans, what's wrong with that? Coaches get fined for complaining about refs we aren't.

Exactly. He's acting like both of them should be flipping out and raising hell in the media.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Boris the Blade said:
But you are one?

Just because 'alot of people' agree with you does not make you right. You blatantly attack anything Pittsburgh, even if your argument is baseless. If Crosby were on the Rangers...

Since when is this? I say a lot of negative things about Pittsburgh but I also give them props when they deserve it (I.E. signing a great new coach and playing well under him and the great play lately of MA Fleury, to name two recent things I think they've done right). I don't sugarcoat the fact I don't like the team, but at the same time I don't say anything baseless.

And if Crosby were on the Rangers I'd hate him for being a whiney *****. The Rangers don't have any real yappers on their team right now (Kaspar doesn't talk or hit nearly as much as he used to). I hate that crap. That's why I hate players like Avery and Tyson Nash and others. It gets to the point where you just love to see them lose their teeth like Crosby did with that wonderful play by Hatcher. I think everyone outside Pittsburgh loved to see that happen.

SwOOsh*

Evilo said:
I don't know about my reading, but I know about your spelling... :p:

Actually that would be grammar but nice try, and a very mature post by a moderator.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
I don't know about my reading, but I know about your spelling... :p:

As I've said before, I don't see how you're still a moderator on these boards with the way you act sometimes. All you do is try to fight people, man. Ease it up a bit. And you should actually try and answer my post since you avoided everything I said completely. Obviously you realize that you were wrong.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
that I was wrong? lol.
Man you can't take a joke (notice the smiley?)?
No wonder Swoosh didn't get it either.

Anyway, you say I try to fight people, but the only poster I see trying to intice people, throw unfair accusations about players, saying wild things like "the refs handed you the game" then two pages later saying "I never blame the refs to defeats", etc.... is you.

You troll EVERY thread that is linked to the Penguins and bring your negative "opinion" every time. Fleury was supposed to suck remember? And that's only one example out of hundreds of posts dissing the Penguins.
Out of your 7245 posts, I could bet that at least 200 are Penguins dissing.

Obviously, you won't even realize I'm right.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
that I was wrong? lol.

Anyway, you say I try to fight people, but the only poster I see trying to intice people, throw unfair accusations about players, saying wild things like "the refs handed you the game" then two pages later saying "I never blame the refs to defeats", etc.... is you.

You troll EVERY thread that is linked to the Penguins and bring your negative "opinion" every time. Fleury was supposed to suck remember? And that's only one example out of hundreds of posts dissing the Penguins.

You should learn the defination of trolling before you start. When I criticize Crosby for his whining, diving, and other actions it is not trolling. At all. You really need to get your facts straight there, buddy.

Do yourself a favor since you STILL haven't grasped my ref comment yet and go re-read what I wrote. No, in fact, I will summarize it for you since I am in a nice and cheery mood today!

"I don't like to blame the refs for a loss. But this is one of the few times that I will. The refs cost the Rangers the game."

There. It's in a much simpler form for you to read and understand since going back a few posts in a thread is obviously much too complicated since you still don't understand what I was trying to say.

SwOOsh*

Evilo said:
that I was wrong? lol.

Well obviously it was a joke, stupid me. It was just so funny and didn't attack a person's grammar but it had the smiley so it made it ok I'll have to remember that. You're a terrible moderator
:p:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Jon Prescription said:
"I don't like to blame the refs for a loss. But this is one of the few times that I will. The refs cost the Rangers the game."

There. It's in a much simpler form for you to read and understand since going back a few posts in a thread is obviously much too complicated since you still don't understand what I was trying to say.
Ever heard the word "NEVER".
Just wondering. Because you used that word and you don't seem to grap the meaning of it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
SwOOsh said:
Well obviously it was a joke, stupid me. It was just so funny and didn't attack a person's grammar but it had the smiley so it made it ok I'll have to remember that. You're a terrible moderator
:p:
No need to say you're stupid...
As for my moderating skill, I don't think you qualify to judge them. In fact, you qualify for the exact contrary.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
Ever heard the word "NEVER".
Just wondering. Because you used that word and you don't seem to grap the meaning of it.

Ever here someone talk allowed? A lot of times in English one can say I never so an dso and just assume the person they are talking to will put the word "almost" in there as well. It's quite common since people do it all the time. Obviously doesn't translate as well over a message board, however.

PS I pm'd you since I'd like this childish stuff to stop on both ends.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
No need to say you're stupid...
As for my moderating skill, I don't think you qualify to judge them. In fact, you qualify for the exact contrary.

If you blatantly call someone stupid or even insinuate it, you aren't being a good mod since it's something that this site directly warns people who are posting on it for. Personal attacks. I do back up Swoosh on this one, because it's a bit obvious what you were trying to say there.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Jon Prescription said:
If you blatantly call someone stupid or even insinuate it, you aren't being a good mod since it's something that this site directly warns people who are posting on it for. Personal attacks. I do back up Swoosh on this one, because it's a bit obvious what you were trying to say there.
I didn't call him an idiot, and in fact he was the one posting that I was immature.
In any case, it's a moot point. It was a joke, meant to be it, and as a french person, I'm the first to make grammar or spelling mistakes, so it's definately a joke.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Evilo said:
I didn't call him an idiot, and in fact he was the one posting that I was immature.
In any case, it's a moot point. It was a joke, meant to be it, and as a french person, I'm the first to make grammar or spelling mistakes, so it's definately a joke.

Either way, just let everything slide so there are no more arguments here or elsewhere.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
David A. Rainer said:
Heatley was 30th and Kovalchuk was in the top 50. Close, but still no rookie in the top 25 of scoring. We may actually have to go back to Gretzky and Mario.

Selanne was certainly up there. Top five, actually.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
Thank you to everyone in here who participated in once again deteriorating the quality of these boards. It's great to read 4 page threads about people wanting Crosbys head busted open (yes, it was written) and his teeth knocked out. Drunk and proud, huh.

From,

Every decent poster who have made positive contributions on these boards for years

Pens75

Pens Fan Since 1975
Jul 30, 2005
Duquesne Gardens
Ovechkin is on a AHL team

Ovechkin is litterally playing with a few minor leaguers

Crosby is also on a AHL team, and literally playing with mostly minor leaguers...

87 Sidney Crosby - 18
14 Shane Endicott - 20
25 Maxime Talbot - 21
29 Marc-Andre Fleury - 21
19 Ryan Whitney - 22
16 Erik Christensen - 22
20 Colby Armstrong - 23
59 Michel Ouellet - 23
43 Thomas Surovy - 24
12 Ryan Malone - 25
17 Matt Murley - 25
44 Brooks Orpik - 25
2 Josef Melichar - 26
5 Rob Scuderi - 27
22 Ric Jackman - 27
32 Dick Tarnstrom - 30
41 Jocelyn Thibault - 30
18 Eric Boguniecki - 30
36 Andre Roy - 30
55 Sergei Gonchar - 31
37 Ryan VandenBussche - 32
33 Zigmund Palffy - 33
10 John LeClair - 36
8 Mark Recchi - 37
24 Lyle Odelein - 37
66 Mario Lemieux - 40

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
My problem with Crosby is his childishness when the play gets rough. He needs to man up real fast. Take for instance his run at Kasparaitis. Now for physical players like Hollweg, Tootoo, Kaspar, Talbot they'll always make that kind of play. That's their game. But Crosby only hit Darius because he's turned into a little *****. He didn't like the fact that he wasn't getting his way so he proceeds to go out of his way to tag DK on the letters.

The sad thing was I remember he took things real well in the Q and just sucked it up. It seems as though Mario is getting to his head.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Yeah I do find it a bit weird that Crosby's developed a reputation after a few months in the league (I thought he'd be the least inclined out of all the rookies to do so). I think he's just trying to stake his claim in this league, I mean he's a lone cub against all those angry wolves, he's gotta act tough. Speaking of which I think I'll go read lone wolf and the cub now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad